Geodon and High blood sugar - from FDA reports
High blood sugar is found among people who take Geodon, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Schizophrenia. This review analyzes which people have High blood sugar with Geodon. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,864 people who have side effects when taking Geodon from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
16,864 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon.
Among them, 312 people (1.85%) have High blood sugar
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Geodon when people have High blood sugar *:
- < 1 month: 7.27 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.27 %
- 1 - 2 years: 36.36 %
- 2 - 5 years: 9.09 %
- 5 - 10 years: 18.18 %
- 10+ years: 1.82 %
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Geodon *:
- female: 55.31 %
- male: 44.69 %
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Geodon *:
- 0-1: 1.8 %
- 2-9: 1.44 %
- 10-19: 4.32 %
- 20-29: 11.87 %
- 30-39: 26.26 %
- 40-49: 33.81 %
- 50-59: 19.78 %
- 60+: 0.72 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (71 people, 22.76%)
- Stress And Anxiety (61 people, 19.55%)
- Sleep Disorder (40 people, 12.82%)
- Insomnia (30 people, 9.62%)
- Psychotic Disorder (20 people, 6.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (247 people, 79.17%)
- Zyprexa (184 people, 58.97%)
- Risperdal (145 people, 46.47%)
- Abilify (129 people, 41.35%)
- Depakote (75 people, 24.04%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (160 people, 51.28%)
- Diabetes (149 people, 47.76%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (92 people, 29.49%)
- Weight Loss (76 people, 24.36%)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis (72 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have High blood sugar when taking Geodon?
- Check symptoms - is high blood sugar caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHigh blood sugar and drugs with ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHigh blood sugar and Geodon from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Geodon has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Geodon 18,010 users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 26,002 High blood sugar patients).
Browse all side effects of Geodona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
Could your condition cause High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
What would happen?
Questions to the study
They recovered from Crohns and surgery, still had cfs chronic fatigue for years, and now are told they have symptoms of dry macular degeneration. Could wheat proteins ATI (amylase trypsin inhibitors) help with their ...
Scheduled for shoulder replacement and had to cancel due to A1C being 8.2. It hasn't been that high in many years. I have been taking fortaeo for only about 6 months. Has anyone else seen an increase in their daily glucose testing or on their periodic A1C
User reviews to the study
I am,taking rituxin infusion for polymyositus. I just completed by second course of two infusions. My blood sugar is thru the roof stayin the 200 range for several days. I am not on insulin. Normal run 110 to 160 after meals. Has anyone else seen this result and does it go down?
My son is acutely psychotic after the death of his brother on 2/6/17. His brother and his girlfriend were killed by a drunk driver. They have been tried doxepin (that worked but made him sleepy) side effects that usually wear off after all he is exhausted from not sleeping. They switched him to ...