Review: could Geodon cause Short-term memory loss (Memory loss)?
Summary: Short-term memory loss is found among people who take Geodon, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,519 people who have side effects while taking Geodon from FDA and social media. Among them, 345 have Short-term memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Short-term memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Geodon and have Short-term memory loss >>>
Geodon has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 15,146 Geodon users)
Short-term memory loss
Short-term memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,451 Short-term memory loss patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 14,519 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon. Among them, 345 people (2.38%) have Short-term Memory Loss.
Time on Geodon when people have Short-term memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Short-term memory loss||43.02%||33.72%||5.81%||6.98%||8.14%||2.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Short-term memory loss when taking Geodon * :
|Short-term memory loss||65.73%||34.27% |
Age of people who have Short-term memory loss when taking Geodon * :
|Short-term memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||7.28%||9.93%||13.58%||28.48%||30.79%||9.93% |
Severity of Short-term memory loss when taking Geodon ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Short-term memory loss||6.25%||25.00%||56.25%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Short-term memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Short-term memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (132 people, 38.26%)
- Depression (92 people, 26.67%)
- Anxiety (41 people, 11.88%)
- Psychotic disorder (39 people, 11.30%)
- Bipolar i disorder (28 people, 8.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (85 people, 24.64%)
- Depakote (76 people, 22.03%)
- Zoloft (70 people, 20.29%)
- Seroquel (60 people, 17.39%)
- Lamictal (56 people, 16.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Short-term Memory Loss while taking Geodon?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Geodon and have Short-term Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Geodon
- support group for people who have Short-term Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Cyclosporine for a 42-year old man with Heart Transplant Rejection. The patient has Memory Impairment, Confusion, Light Sensitivity, Burning Feet Syndrome, Feeling Hot And Cold, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Restoril, Geodon, Brintellix, Ativan, Topamax, Lamictal for a 36-year old woman with Insomnia, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Macule, Dry Skin, Blisters, Hives, Itching - Burning Eyes, Itching
Recent Geodon related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Geodon, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 53-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Geodon, Adderall for a 52-year old woman who has Attention Span
- Comparions of Risperdal, Geodon, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Abilify for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.