Review: could Geodon cause Swelling face?
Summary: Swelling face is found among people who take Geodon, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cogentin, and have Depression.
We study 14,519 people who have side effects while taking Geodon from FDA and social media. Among them, 47 have Swelling face. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling face and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Geodon and have Swelling face >>>
Geodon has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 15,142 Geodon users)
Swelling face has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 19,580 Swelling face patients)
On Feb, 25, 2015: 14,519 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon. Among them, 47 people (0.32%) have Swelling Face.
Time on Geodon when people have Swelling face * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swelling face||53.85%||38.46%||7.69%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Swelling face when taking Geodon * :
|Swelling face||72.73%||27.27% |
Age of people who have Swelling face when taking Geodon * :
|Swelling face||0.00%||3.03%||6.06%||15.15%||36.36%||27.27%||6.06%||6.06% |
Severity of Swelling face when taking Geodon ** :
How people recovered from Swelling face ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (12 people, 25.53%)
- Bipolar disorder (10 people, 21.28%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (8 people, 17.02%)
- Anxiety (5 people, 10.64%)
- Schizophrenia (4 people, 8.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cogentin (7 people, 14.89%)
- Clonazepam (5 people, 10.64%)
- Lithium carbonate (5 people, 10.64%)
- Depakote (5 people, 10.64%)
- Lisinopril (5 people, 10.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swelling Face while taking Geodon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Geodon and have Swelling Face
- support group for people who take Geodon
- support group for people who have Swelling Face
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 26-year old man with Depression, Paranoid Schizophrenia. The patient has Psychosis
- A study of drug interactions between Bacillus Probiotics, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Evening Primrose Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Spironolactone, Prednisone, Adderall 15, Ambien Cr, Ms Contin, Oxycodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Acne Vulgaris / Pyoderma Faciale, Acne Vulgaris/ Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma Faciale / Acne Vulgaris, Acne Vulgaris Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma, Add, Benign Intracranial Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Sleeplessness, Sweating - Excessive, Swelling Face, Headache, Overproduction Of Sebum, Heart Rate Increased, Flushing
- A study of side effects of Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Pain Inflammation Activated
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Geodon for a 61-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Mood Swings
- A study of side effects of Geodon for a 30-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
Recent Geodon related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 53-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Geodon, Adderall for a 52-year old woman who has Attention Span
- Comparions of Risperdal, Geodon, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Abilify for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Latuda, Seroquel, Geodon for a 30-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Abilify, Geodon, Latuda for a 21-year old man who has PTSD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.