Review: could Geodon cause Thyroid disorder (Thyroid diseases)?
Summary: Thyroid disorder is found among people who take Geodon, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,519 people who have side effects while taking Geodon from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Thyroid disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Thyroid disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Geodon and have Thyroid disorder >>>
Geodon has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 15,143 Geodon users)
Thyroid disorder (thyroid diseases) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, hypothyroidism. (latest reports from 18,219 Thyroid disorder patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 14,519 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon. Among them, 28 people (0.19%) have Thyroid Disorder.
Time on Geodon when people have Thyroid disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Thyroid disorder||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Thyroid disorder when taking Geodon * :
|Thyroid disorder||79.41%||20.59% |
Age of people who have Thyroid disorder when taking Geodon * :
|Thyroid disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.79%||37.93%||20.69%||13.79%||13.79% |
Severity of Thyroid disorder when taking Geodon ** :
How people recovered from Thyroid disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (18 people, 64.29%)
- Depression (8 people, 28.57%)
- Mania (4 people, 14.29%)
- Schizophrenia (4 people, 14.29%)
- Mental disorder (3 people, 10.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (18 people, 64.29%)
- Risperdal (11 people, 39.29%)
- Depakote (10 people, 35.71%)
- Abilify (10 people, 35.71%)
- Zyprexa (9 people, 32.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Thyroid Disorder while taking Geodon?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Geodon and have Thyroid Disorder
- support group for people who take Geodon
- support group for people who have Thyroid Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Restoril, Geodon, Brintellix, Ativan, Topamax, Lamictal for a 36-year old woman with Insomnia, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Macule, Dry Skin, Blisters, Hives, Itching - Burning Eyes, Itching
- A study of side effects of Geodon for a 64-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Irritability
- A study of drug interactions between Temazepam, Geodon for a 32-year old woman with Insomnia, Psychosis. The patient has Minor Cognitive Motor Disorder, Gait Abnormal, Dystonia, Dystonia, Tardive Dyskinesia, Acute Kidney Failure, Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance, Parkinsonism, Parkinsonian Crisis
- A study of drug interactions between Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 26-year old man with Depression, Paranoid Schizophrenia. The patient has Psychosis
Recent Geodon related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Geodon, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 53-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Geodon, Adderall for a 52-year old woman who has Attention Span
- Comparions of Risperdal, Geodon, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Abilify for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.