Review: could Geodon cause Thyroid disorder (Thyroid diseases)?
Summary: Thyroid disorder is found among people who take Geodon, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,509 people who have side effects while taking Geodon from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Thyroid disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Thyroid disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Geodon and have Thyroid disorder >>>
Geodon has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Geodon 15,131 users)
Thyroid disorder (thyroid diseases) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, hypothyroidism.(latest reports from Thyroid disorder 16,844 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 14,506 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon. Among them, 28 people (0.19%) have Thyroid Disorder.
Time on Geodon when people have Thyroid disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Thyroid disorder||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Thyroid disorder when taking Geodon * :
|Thyroid disorder||79.41%||20.59% |
Age of people who have Thyroid disorder when taking Geodon * :
|Thyroid disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.79%||37.93%||20.69%||13.79%||13.79% |
Severity of Thyroid disorder when taking Geodon ** :
How people recovered from Thyroid disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (18 people, 64.29%)
- Depression (8 people, 28.57%)
- Mania (4 people, 14.29%)
- Schizophrenia (4 people, 14.29%)
- Mental disorder (3 people, 10.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (18 people, 64.29%)
- Risperdal (11 people, 39.29%)
- Depakote (10 people, 35.71%)
- Abilify (10 people, 35.71%)
- Zyprexa (9 people, 32.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Thyroid Disorder while taking Geodon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Geodon and have Thyroid Disorder
- support group for people who take Geodon
- support group for people who have Thyroid Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Can you take hyzaar and benicar in the same day
(Asked by a 51 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, Thyroid, and takes Hyzaar)
Patient took Hyzaar 3 hours ago and blood pressure worsened. He was taking Beneicar 40/12.5 mg. Can he take the Benicar now.?
- Has long term clonazepam use caused you seemingly irreversible psychosis, for which you were given an antipsychotic? if so, were you able to get off of the antipsychotic and clonazepam? how? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 33 year old man who has Anxiety, Depression - Chronic, Psychosis, and takes Geodon, Clonazepam, Depakote)
Started clonazepam around 2002. In 2007, I was hospitalized (I'm not sure what the doctors were thinking) and I was given an antipsychotic as well, and maybe another medication. My psychiatrist lowered and eliminated all my medication in 2011 and 2012, and each time was hospitalized and again given ...
- Do any of these drugs cause styes
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Traumatic Brain Injury, Seizures, and takes Lamotrigine, Keppra, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Baclofen)
Since commencing these drugs after sustaining traumatic Brain injury and after a craniectomy, I've been getting styles on both my eyes once or twice monthly
More questions for: Geodon, Thyroid disorder
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Shingles, Tardive Dyskinesia)
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Thyroid Disorder, Glaucoma, High Blood Pressure, and takes Oxycodone, Gabapentin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Travatan, Vytorin, Baby Aspirin)
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Geodon, Thyroid disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a patient with Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type. The patient has Depression, Fatigue, Fear, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Paranoia, Paranoid Schizophrenia, Hallucinations, Mixed
Comments: I can't bare loud sounds! Balloons are just freaking me out! I feel like the whole world is talking about me or planing and plotting against me to hurt me or kill me or attack me or just to make me feel miserable! There are balloons everywhere in my office and I feel like they are all going to burst ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Risperidone, Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Blood Pressure, Irritability, Weight Loss, Nausea And Vomiting, Dry Mouth, Back Pain, Stomach Pain
Comments: I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
- A study of side effects of Geodon for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Bleeding From The Nose (bleeding from nose)
Comments: Had one nose bleed in late teens. In early 20s diagnosed with bipolar and taking 80mg Geodon 2x a day and Lamictal 200mg 1 day. About four years ago began havening nosebleeds once or twice a year. Have blood work twice a year. Last this past April.
- A study of side effects of Geodon for a patient with Paranoia. The patient has Arthralgia (joint pain)
Comments: I wonder if Geodon causes arthralgia and auto immune problems in my knee implant. I got a knee implant, was on geodon at time and developed Sjogren and Scleroderma and hypothyroidism shortly afte knee implant. I had been healthy before implant.
- A study of side effects of Geodon for a patient with Bi-polar Ii. The patient has Tartive Dyskenisia
Comments: facial grimacing, memory loss, grinding teeth, gait imbalance, restlessness (can't sit still), a lot of movement of limbs, I cannot hold my head up, self conciousness (consequently), was diagnosed bad enough to be put on disability,
More related studies for: Geodon, Thyroid disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.