Home > Ginger > Deafness > Ginger and Deafness
Review: could Ginger cause Deafness (Hearing loss)?
Summary: Deafness is reported only by a few people who take Ginger.
We study 152 people who have side effects while taking Ginger from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Deafness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ginger and have Deafness >>>
Ginger (latest outcomes from 184 users) has active ingredients of ginger. It is often used in nausea.
Deafness (latest reports from 10,219 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 152 people reported to have side effects when taking Ginger. Among them, 1 people (0.66%) has Deafness.
Time on Ginger when people have Deafness * :
Gender of people who have Deafness when taking Ginger * :
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Ginger * :
Severity of Deafness when taking Ginger ** :
How people recovered from Deafness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Calcium citracal (1 people, 100.00%)
- Coq10 (1 people, 100.00%)
- Prilosec (1 people, 100.00%)
- Folic acid (1 people, 100.00%)
- Tylenol-500 (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Deafness while taking Ginger?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ginger and have Deafness
- support group for people who take Ginger
- support group for people who have Deafness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can dengue feve cause hearing loss?
(Asked by a 51 year old man who has Hearing Loss)
In Nov 2007 I contracted Dungue and sometime inn 2008 I lost my (L)hearing, just wanted to know if the 2 are linked.
- When will fluid in ear from ear infection go away?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Ear Infection, Fluid In Middle Ear, Decreased Hearing, Pressure-related Ear Pain, Headache - Cluster, Nausea, and takes Amoxicillin)
Twelve days ago I my left ear suddenly started hurting, and stared to sound like my ear was under water. Pain, and pressure in both ears continued to get worse for 8 days before I saw a doctor who diagnosed infection in both ears and prescribed me amoxicillin, 500mg 3x a day.
I have taken the antib ...
- Is there the correlation of hearing loss with use of escitalopram 20 mg
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has Hearing Loss, and takes Escitalopram, Buspirone Hcl)
My 18 year old son has just been found to have mild to moderate hearing loss in both ears. Could it be caused by a Rx and will his hearing return if he stops taking the medication???
- Will hearing and vision problems improve if i stop taking neurontin?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Hearing Loss, Blurred Vision, and takes Neurontin, Benicar, Zolpidem Tartrate)
I have experienced hearing loss and an echo of all sounds , also blurred vision since starting Neurontin several months ago.
- Im suffering from hep b and im going through ptsd + i have a heart problem,does the ptsd leads to the hep b and my heart problem?
(Asked by a 20 year old man who has Hepatitis B Virus, PTSD, Heart Valve Prosthesis, Depression, Decreased Hearing)
More questions for: Ginger, Deafness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure disorder med problems
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Flaxseed Oil, Daily Vitamin, Dry Heaves, Dizziness, Nausea, Chills, Sinus Headache, Nightmares - Repeated, and takes Ginger, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Topiramate, Lamotrigine)
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of ...
- Ginger root and hot flushes
(Posted by a 51 year old woman who has Constant Hot Flushes, and takes Ginger Root)
Ever since I started drinking water infused from ginger root, I get all of a sudden hot flushes. As soon as I stopped drinking water with ginger root the flushes immediately stopped.
- Zetia causes deafness
(Posted by a 23 year old man who has Deafness, and takes Zetia)
Took for two weeks and now have complete deafness. This was back in 2012.
- Isoniazid and deafness
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Hearing Loss, and takes Isoniazid)
As a young girl I was put on Isoniazid, I didn't put 2 and 2 together but after taking the inh I started loosing my hearing to the point I'm completely deaf in my left ear. I have found a few people having report that they lost their hearing also. I'm just curious as to about how many people have ha ...
More reviews for: Ginger, Deafness
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Risperdal, Xanax, Klonopin, Lamictal, Viibryd for a patient with Bipolar 2, Mania, Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Depression. The patient has Hearing Loss
Comments: I have experienced hearing loss within the past 8 years and wondered if it had to do with medications I have taken. I have taken others during that time including Abilify, Trileptal, Effexor. I recently have noticed a decrease in my hearing.
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a patient with Lyme Disease - Secondary Or Stage 2. The patient has Hearing Loss
Comments: 05/26/14: Having reached a plateau in discernible improvements after taking ceftriaxone IVs (2gm BID 3 days/week via port for 33 out of 38 weeks), I halted treatment two weeks ago. Still have a high degree of annoying tinnitus in both ears and a marked reduction in hearing.
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Naproxen for a patient with Heartburn - Chronic, Benign Intracranial Hypertension. The patient has Loss Of Hearing, Dizziness, Facial Neuralgia
Comments: I had sudden reduction in hearing around 6 months ago and intermittent bouts of dizziness.
For the past two weeks I've had increasing dizzy spells and have also developed intermittent facial neuralgia, to the top of my cheek and up to my forehead. First this was on the left but yesterday started ...
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Succinate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Neurontin, Topamax, Remicade for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Pain, Nerve Pain, Migraine, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Shingles, Pain - Neck, Low Back Pain, Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Pain - Joints, Loss For Words, Short-term Memory Loss, Loss Of Hearing, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sensation Of Heaviness, Dizziness, Tingling In Knees, Fumbling, Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Comments: I am on Remicade once a month since July 22nd of 2013. Had a great response until I hurt my low back again. Then the back pain just worked it's way right up my spine to the neck. I have had neck fusion one level...several bad discs. A knee replacement, a shoulder reconstruction etc. The numbness and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Clonazepam, Methadose, Methadose for a patient with Depression, Stress And Anxiety, Pain Management, Dependence. The patient has Stomach Pain, Ear Drum Perforation, Depression, Anxiety, Hearing Loss
Comments: started hearing voices about 9-12 months ago. The voices herd are of people laughing(nasty) at her, making fun(nasty) of her, calling her a loser, saying she is crazy & are going to locker in a mental hospital forever, and voices lying and tricking to her. She believes the voices are from actual and ...
More related studies for: Ginger, Deafness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.