Review: could Gleevec cause Conjunctival haemorrhage?
Summary: Conjunctival haemorrhage is found among people who take Gleevec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vitamin d, and have Chronic myeloid leukaemia.
We study 20,254 people who have side effects while taking Gleevec from FDA and social media. Among them, 83 have Conjunctival haemorrhage. Find out below who they are, when they have Conjunctival haemorrhage and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Gleevec and have Conjunctival haemorrhage >>>
Gleevec has active ingredients of imatinib mesylate. It is often used in chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml). (latest outcomes from Gleevec 20,439 users)
Conjunctival haemorrhage (bleeding underneath the conjunctiva) has been reported by people with onchocerciasis, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression.(latest reports from Conjunctival haemorrhage 1,837 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 20,254 people reported to have side effects when taking Gleevec. Among them, 83 people (0.41%) have Conjunctival Haemorrhage.
Time on Gleevec when people have Conjunctival haemorrhage * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Conjunctival haemorrhage||20.59%||35.29%||23.53%||0.00%||5.88%||14.71%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Conjunctival haemorrhage when taking Gleevec * :
|Conjunctival haemorrhage||75.22%||24.78% |
Age of people who have Conjunctival haemorrhage when taking Gleevec * :
|Conjunctival haemorrhage||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.99%||15.73%||11.24%||64.04% |
Severity of Conjunctival haemorrhage when taking Gleevec ** :
How people recovered from Conjunctival haemorrhage ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (53 people, 63.86%)
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour (14 people, 16.87%)
- Hypothyroidism (8 people, 9.64%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (in remission) (6 people, 7.23%)
- Nausea (6 people, 7.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (11 people, 13.25%)
- Folic acid (10 people, 12.05%)
- Ambien (9 people, 10.84%)
- Atenolol (8 people, 9.64%)
- Lasix (8 people, 9.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Conjunctival Haemorrhage while taking Gleevec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gleevec and have Conjunctival Haemorrhage
- support group for people who take Gleevec
- support group for people who have Conjunctival Haemorrhage
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is reishi mushrooms save to take with gleevec
(Asked by a 53 year old man who has None However I'm Not Sure This Is Safe To Take Together, and takes Gleevec)
I've read many good things about Reishi Mushrooms. I need to know if there would be any interactions between these mushrooms and taking Gleevec?
- Please ask anyone with chronic myeloid leukemia cml taking gleevec (glivec) who also had a total knee arthroplasty (total knee replacement) if they had problems with the knee after the operation. (1 answer)
(Asked by a 77 year old man who has Knee Replacement - Total, Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia, Arthrofibrosis, and takes Imatinib Mesylate, Gleevec)
After the knee replacement, my knee was enlarged woody and stiff. I have never got back full motion in that knee and have trouble going downstairs etc
- Do nails recover from onycholysis and re-attach
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Onycholysis, and takes Gleevec)
Have been on Imatinib (Glivec) almost 3 years. 6 months ago nails became discoloured and partly separated from finger. Separation is still spreading down nail. Could I lose nail(s)? Will nails recover and will new nail growth be attached to fingers?
- I have been treated with gleevec for 10 years for cml and have recently been diagnosed with enthesopathy. is there a correlation between the two?
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Enthesopathy In Hip Area, and takes Gleevec, Estradiol, Spironolactone, Pantoprazole, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I recently was diagnosed with Enthesopathy after an exam and xray.I began to experience sever pain in my left hip that was not related to an accident.
- What are the side effects of gleevec
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), and takes Gleevec)
Joint pain is umbearable
More questions for: Gleevec, Conjunctival haemorrhage
More reviews for: Gleevec, Conjunctival haemorrhage
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a patient with Gi. The patient has Blocked Eustacian Tube, Again Lots Thick Gunge, Chronic Cough And Cold With Lots Of Gunge In Lungs Etc, Onycholysis (detachment of the nail from the nail bed)
Comments: I was prescribed Imatinib for 3 years after GIST was removed, to try prevent recurrence, Over 2 years into course, developed severe cough and cold which have persisted, more or less, to this day. Was hospitalised early this year to get rid of gunge in my lungs and afterwards (March) had a bronchos ...
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a patient with Chordoma. The patient has Diarrhea, Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Anger
Comments: I've been taking Gleevec for almost 3 weeks now, and I've found myself becoming angry very easily. I've always been a very laid back person and now I find myself screaming at family members when they do something as simple as not doing something to my liking. It seems so silly. After lashing out at ...
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a patient with CML. The patient has Proctitis (inflammation of the rectum and anus)
Comments: Hyperthyroidism was found on five milligrams od tapezole, still have blood mucous diahreea improved slightly after sixteen days on thyroid med. asacol and dezicol can't be tolerated any suggestions?
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a patient with Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: I began Gleevec therapy in 2001 for my CML, with moderate side effects. In January 2008, I began to have ringing in my ears and it has been non-stop since that time. I tested positve for AIED and I cannot help but wonder if the antibodies in my ears that showed a slightly positive AIED was/is caus ...
- A study of drug interactions between Sprycel, Gleevec for a patient with CML. The patient has Sperm Count Decreased
Comments: I have met with a Urologist about my low sperm motility. I am interested in finding out studies of whether or not being on CML drugs like Sprycel and Gleevec will completely make me sterile or do they just suppress production of motile semen. I was on Gleevec for more than 4 years and switched to Sp ...
More related studies for: Gleevec, Conjunctival haemorrhage
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.