Review: could Gleevec cause Hallucination (Hallucinations)?
Summary: Hallucination is found among people who take Gleevec, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Amlodipine, and have High blood pressure.
We study 20,254 people who have side effects while taking Gleevec from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Hallucination. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Gleevec and have Hallucination >>>
Gleevec has active ingredients of imatinib mesylate. It is often used in chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml). (latest outcomes from Gleevec 20,439 users)
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, parkinson's disease, quit smoking.(latest reports from Hallucination 30,019 patients)
On Dec, 19, 2014: 20,254 people reported to have side effects when taking Gleevec. Among them, 38 people (0.19%) have Hallucination.
Time on Gleevec when people have Hallucination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hallucination when taking Gleevec * :
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Gleevec * :
Severity of Hallucination when taking Gleevec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hallucination ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (16 people, 42.11%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (14 people, 36.84%)
- Insomnia (12 people, 31.58%)
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour (8 people, 21.05%)
- Desmoid tumour (4 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amlodipine (16 people, 42.11%)
- Chlorthalidone (16 people, 42.11%)
- Enalapril maleate (15 people, 39.47%)
- Hygroton (10 people, 26.32%)
- Lexotan (10 people, 26.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucination while taking Gleevec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gleevec and have Hallucination
- support group for people who take Gleevec
- support group for people who have Hallucination
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is reishi mushrooms save to take with gleevec
(Asked by a 53 year old man who has None However I'm Not Sure This Is Safe To Take Together, and takes Gleevec)
I've read many good things about Reishi Mushrooms. I need to know if there would be any interactions between these mushrooms and taking Gleevec?
- Please ask anyone with chronic myeloid leukemia cml taking gleevec (glivec) who also had a total knee arthroplasty (total knee replacement) if they had problems with the knee after the operation.
(Asked by a 77 year old man who has Knee Replacement - Total, Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia, Arthrofibrosis, and takes Imatinib Mesylate, Gleevec)
After the knee replacement, my knee was enlarged woody and stiff. I have never got back full motion in that knee and have trouble going downstairs etc
- Do nails recover from onycholysis and re-attach
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Onycholysis, and takes Gleevec)
Have been on Imatinib (Glivec) almost 3 years. 6 months ago nails became discoloured and partly separated from finger. Separation is still spreading down nail. Could I lose nail(s)? Will nails recover and will new nail growth be attached to fingers?
- I have been treated with gleevec for 10 years for cml and have recently been diagnosed with enthesopathy. is there a correlation between the two?
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Enthesopathy In Hip Area, and takes Gleevec, Estradiol, Spironolactone, Pantoprazole, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I recently was diagnosed with Enthesopathy after an exam and xray.I began to experience sever pain in my left hip that was not related to an accident.
- What are the side effects of gleevec
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), and takes Gleevec)
Joint pain is umbearable
More questions for: Gleevec, Hallucination
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Hallucinations, and takes Valium)
On the 20th of August 2012 I fell downstairs and broke my left arm/shoulder and ribs. I also had many open cuts from my elbow to my wrist; the whole arm and hand was severely swollen; huge purple marks on arm thigh and chest. These have all healed. However the arm/shoulder has healed out of joint an ...
More reviews for: Gleevec, Hallucination
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a patient with Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumour. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
Comments: More of a problem with diarrhea than vomiting, but feel nauseous fairly regularly
- A study of side effects of Zyprexa for a patient with Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: zyprexa 5mg. worked very well. olanzapine does not work at all
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a patient with Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumour. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: I was just wondering if taking gleevec for 3 years would cause hearing loss (ringing in the ear)
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a patient with Gi. The patient has Blocked Eustacian Tube, Again Lots Thick Gunge, Chronic Cough And Cold With Lots Of Gunge In Lungs Etc, Onycholysis (detachment of the nail from the nail bed)
Comments: I was prescribed Imatinib for 3 years after GIST was removed, to try prevent recurrence, Over 2 years into course, developed severe cough and cold which have persisted, more or less, to this day. Was hospitalised early this year to get rid of gunge in my lungs and afterwards (March) had a bronchos ...
- A study of side effects of Dilaudid for a patient with Pain. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: My husband is taken Dilaudid while in the hospital & I have repeatedly told the doctor that they have given him too much. He gets restless, irritated, impatient, see things that are not there, etc. He wants to argue with me, says things that make no sense, then gets angry when I don't understand wha ...
More related studies for: Gleevec, Hallucination
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.