Review: could Gleevec cause Irregularity of bowels (Constipation)?
Summary: Irregularity of bowels is found among people who take Gleevec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Chronic myeloid leukaemia.
We study 20,258 people who have side effects while taking Gleevec from FDA and social media. Among them, 162 have Irregularity of bowels. Find out below who they are, when they have Irregularity of bowels and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Gleevec and have Irregularity of bowels >>>
Gleevec has active ingredients of imatinib mesylate. It is often used in chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml). (latest outcomes from 20,443 Gleevec users)
Irregularity of bowels
Irregularity of bowels has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 80,412 Irregularity of bowels patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 20,258 people reported to have side effects when taking Gleevec. Among them, 162 people (0.80%) have Irregularity Of Bowels.
Time on Gleevec when people have Irregularity of bowels * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irregularity of bowels||45.68%||29.63%||3.70%||2.47%||4.94%||13.58%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Irregularity of bowels when taking Gleevec * :
|Irregularity of bowels||58.10%||41.90% |
Age of people who have Irregularity of bowels when taking Gleevec * :
|Irregularity of bowels||0.00%||0.47%||0.94%||0.00%||2.82%||9.86%||18.78%||67.14% |
Severity of Irregularity of bowels when taking Gleevec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Irregularity of bowels||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Irregularity of bowels ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Irregularity of bowels||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (111 people, 68.52%)
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour (44 people, 27.16%)
- Arthralgia (15 people, 9.26%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (13 people, 8.02%)
- Nausea (12 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (33 people, 20.37%)
- Multi-vitamins (32 people, 19.75%)
- Diovan (28 people, 17.28%)
- Vincristine (23 people, 14.20%)
- Prilosec (22 people, 13.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irregularity Of Bowels while taking Gleevec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gleevec and have Irregularity Of Bowels
- support group for people who take Gleevec
- support group for people who have Irregularity Of Bowels
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Betaseron for a 52-year old woman with Pain, Multiple Sclerosis Relapse. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Effexor, Lipitor, Estradiol for a 58-year old woman with Mood Disorder, Autoimmune Disorder, Nutrition - Inadequate, Heart Disease, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Headache, Tension, Eyes - Dry, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of side effects of Yasmin for a 26-year old woman with Contraception. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Coq10, Fish Oil, Tamsulosin, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Prilosec, Sumatriptan Succinate, Prozac, Meloxicam, Gabapentin for a 47-year old man with Pain, Brain Fog, Lower Cholesterol, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Headache, Gerd, Migraine, Depression, Joint Pain, Bone And Joint Pain. The patient has Pain - Heel, Constipation, Diarrhea, Heart Palpitations, Shortness Of Breath, Testicle Pain, Dizzy Spells, Tinnitus, Chronic Pain, Sleep Issues, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Depression, Pain - Shoulder, Blurred Vision, Memory Loss, Skin Issues, Brain Fog, Fatigue, Back Pain - Low, Headache, Migraine, Arthritis - Neck, Bone Spurs In Neck, Neck Pain, Joint Pain
- A study of side effects of Penicillin for a 48-year old man with Flu. The patient has Constipation
Recent Gleevec related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.