Gleevec and Nephrolithiasis - from FDA reports
Nephrolithiasis is found among people who take Gleevec, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Nephrolithiasis with Gleevec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,043 people who have side effects when taking Gleevec from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
26,043 people reported to have side effects when taking Gleevec.
Among them, 119 people (0.46%) have Nephrolithiasis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Gleevec when people have Nephrolithiasis *:
- < 1 month: 30 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nephrolithiasis when taking Gleevec *:
- female: 34.78 %
- male: 65.22 %
Age of people who have Nephrolithiasis when taking Gleevec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.77 %
- 20-29: 3.85 %
- 30-39: 9.62 %
- 40-49: 30.77 %
- 50-59: 21.15 %
- 60+: 28.85 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (11 people, 9.24%)
- Preventive Health Care (7 people, 5.88%)
- Malignant Soft Tissue Neoplasm (5 people, 4.20%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 2.52%)
- Diabetes (3 people, 2.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (18 people, 15.13%)
- Rocephin (12 people, 10.08%)
- Compazine (12 people, 10.08%)
- Aredia (12 people, 10.08%)
- Singulair (11 people, 9.24%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (30 people, 25.21%)
- Fatigue (27 people, 22.69%)
- Pain (26 people, 21.85%)
- Back Pain (23 people, 19.33%)
- Abdominal Pain (23 people, 19.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nephrolithiasis when taking Gleevec?
Gleevec has active ingredients of imatinib mesylate. It is often used in chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml). (latest outcomes from Gleevec 25,952 users)
Nephrolithiasis (calculi in the kidneys) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease (latest reports from 24,577 Nephrolithiasis patients).