Home > Gleevec > Nosebleed > Gleevec and Nosebleed
Review: could Gleevec cause Nosebleed?
Summary: Nosebleed is found among people who take Gleevec, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Loxonin, and have Chronic myeloid leukaemia.
We study 20,254 people who have side effects while taking Gleevec from FDA and social media. Among them, 86 have Nosebleed. Find out below who they are, when they have Nosebleed and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Gleevec and have Nosebleed >>>
Gleevec (latest outcomes from 20,439 users) has active ingredients of imatinib mesylate. It is often used in chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml).
Nosebleed (bleeding from nose) (latest reports from 23,860 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 20,252 people reported to have side effects when taking Gleevec. Among them, 86 people (0.42%) have Nosebleed.
Time on Gleevec when people have Nosebleed * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Nosebleed when taking Gleevec * :
Age of people who have Nosebleed when taking Gleevec * :
Severity of Nosebleed when taking Gleevec ** :
How people recovered from Nosebleed ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (29 people, 33.72%)
- Neoplasm malignant (26 people, 30.23%)
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour (25 people, 29.07%)
- Pain (7 people, 8.14%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (5 people, 5.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Loxonin (20 people, 23.26%)
- Dai-kenchu-to (20 people, 23.26%)
- Cytotec (20 people, 23.26%)
- Lac b (20 people, 23.26%)
- Synthroid (15 people, 17.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nosebleed while taking Gleevec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gleevec and have Nosebleed
- support group for people who take Gleevec
- support group for people who have Nosebleed
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is reishi mushrooms save to take with gleevec
(Asked by a 53 year old man who has None However I'm Not Sure This Is Safe To Take Together, and takes Gleevec)
I've read many good things about Reishi Mushrooms. I need to know if there would be any interactions between these mushrooms and taking Gleevec?
- Please ask anyone with chronic myeloid leukemia cml taking gleevec (glivec) who also had a total knee arthroplasty (total knee replacement) if they had problems with the knee after the operation.
(Asked by a 77 year old man who has Knee Replacement - Total, Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia, Arthrofibrosis, and takes Imatinib Mesylate, Gleevec)
After the knee replacement, my knee was enlarged woody and stiff. I have never got back full motion in that knee and have trouble going downstairs etc
- Does claritin have an anticoagulant effect?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Nosebleeds, and takes Claritin)
I thought I had conquered my nosebleed problems with saline nasal mist and saline nasal gel, but now I've started on Claritin (actually Walitin, Walgreen's knockoff) for an unrelated reason and the nosebleeds have started again. Is this because of the Claritin or just a coincidence?
- Has any one been getting nosebleeds from taking this medication
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Nosebleeds, and takes Oxybutynin Chloride)
starting getting nosebleeds in about three weeks from starting this medication.Had a sever nosebleed today at work thy had to call EMTS just to get it stop.
- Do nails recover from onycholysis and re-attach
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Onycholysis, and takes Gleevec)
Have been on Imatinib (Glivec) almost 3 years. 6 months ago nails became discoloured and partly separated from finger. Separation is still spreading down nail. Could I lose nail(s)? Will nails recover and will new nail growth be attached to fingers?
More questions for: Gleevec, Nosebleed
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Miconazole 3 - nose bleed
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Nosebleed, and takes Miconazole 3)
It was a three day dosage by life brand. Every morning after taking it I would wake up with a bloody nose. Nothing severe but there was blood. When I didn't take it again, there was no bloody nose when I woke up.
More reviews for: Gleevec, Nosebleed
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Rosuvastatin Calcium for a patient with Asthma, Hypercholesterolaemia. The patient has Epistaxis
Comments: Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Poison Ivy. The patient has Bleeding From The Nose (bleeding from nose)
Comments: taking prednisone for only 4 days, 20mg/3 times daily, have had nose bleed the last 2 days. have now stopped taking prednisone. the poison ivy has cleared up. will the nose bleeds now stop? anything I should continue to watch for?
- A study of side effects of Lumigan for a patient with Lumigan. The patient has Nose Bleeds (bleeding from nose)
Comments: Diagnosed with acute Glaucoma, operated with laser and given Lumigan 1 drop in each eye nightly.
A few weeks later nose bleed from one nostril quite heavy. Occurs on a weekly basis. Dr prescribed anti biotics, and cream. Not working.
Any advice will be appreciated please.
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a patient with Gi. The patient has Blocked Eustacian Tube, Again Lots Thick Gunge, Chronic Cough And Cold With Lots Of Gunge In Lungs Etc, Onycholysis (detachment of the nail from the nail bed)
Comments: I was prescribed Imatinib for 3 years after GIST was removed, to try prevent recurrence, Over 2 years into course, developed severe cough and cold which have persisted, more or less, to this day. Was hospitalised early this year to get rid of gunge in my lungs and afterwards (March) had a bronchos ...
- A study of side effects of Guanfacine Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety. The patient has Nosebleed (bleeding from nose)
Comments: after cleaning nose with a tissue very gently, i got a nosebleed. this has happened twice so far while on tenex/guanfacine for less than six months on a relatively low dose. i am on guanfacine for anxiety and insomnia.
More related studies for: Gleevec, Nosebleed
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.