Review: could Gleevec cause Recurrent leg pain and cramping (Blockage of leg arteries)?
Summary: Recurrent leg pain and cramping is found among people who take Gleevec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metoprolol, and have Sarcoma.
We study 20,259 people who have side effects while taking Gleevec from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Recurrent leg pain and cramping. Find out below who they are, when they have Recurrent leg pain and cramping and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gleevec and have Recurrent leg pain and cramping >>>
Gleevec has active ingredients of imatinib mesylate. It is often used in chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml). (latest outcomes from 20,444 Gleevec users)
Recurrent leg pain and cramping
Recurrent leg pain and cramping (repeated leg pain and muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, high blood cholesterol, arthritis. (latest reports from 2,393 Recurrent leg pain and cramping patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 20,259 people reported to have side effects when taking Gleevec. Among them, 8 people (0.04%) have Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping.
Time on Gleevec when people have Recurrent leg pain and cramping * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Recurrent leg pain and cramping||77.78%||22.22%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Recurrent leg pain and cramping when taking Gleevec * :
|Recurrent leg pain and cramping||93.75%||6.25% |
Age of people who have Recurrent leg pain and cramping when taking Gleevec * :
|Recurrent leg pain and cramping||0.00%||0.00%||6.25%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||93.75% |
Severity of Recurrent leg pain and cramping when taking Gleevec ** :
How people recovered from Recurrent leg pain and cramping ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sarcoma (8 people, 100.00%)
- Carcinoid tumour of the gastrointestinal tract (4 people, 50.00%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (2 people, 25.00%)
- Chronic phase chronic myeloid leukaemia (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoprolol (2 people, 25.00%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid srt (2 people, 25.00%)
- Diovan hct (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gleevec and recurrent leg pain and cramping on
Do you have Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping while taking Gleevec?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Gleevec and have Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping
- support group for people who take Gleevec
- support group for people who have Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a 54-year old woman with CML. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a 71-year old woman with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML). The patient has Hot Flash
Recent Gleevec related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.