Home > Gleevec > Sleep disorder > Gleevec and Sleep disorder
Review: could Gleevec cause Sleep disorder?
Summary: Sleep disorder is found among people who take Gleevec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aromasin, and have Gastrointestinal stromal tumour.
We study 20,254 people who have side effects while taking Gleevec from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Sleep disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleep disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Gleevec and have Sleep disorder >>>
Gleevec (latest outcomes from 20,439 users) has active ingredients of imatinib mesylate. It is often used in chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml).
Sleep disorder (latest reports from 42,387 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 20,252 people reported to have side effects when taking Gleevec. Among them, 23 people (0.11%) have Sleep Disorder.
Time on Gleevec when people have Sleep disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleep disorder||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sleep disorder when taking Gleevec * :
|Sleep disorder||74.19%||25.81% |
Age of people who have Sleep disorder when taking Gleevec * :
|Sleep disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||4.55%||77.27% |
Severity of Sleep disorder when taking Gleevec ** :
How people recovered from Sleep disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour (18 people, 78.26%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (14 people, 60.87%)
- Muscle spasms (4 people, 17.39%)
- Pain in extremity (4 people, 17.39%)
- Back pain (4 people, 17.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aromasin (8 people, 34.78%)
- Carbosylane (8 people, 34.78%)
- Furosemide (8 people, 34.78%)
- Domperidone (8 people, 34.78%)
- Iloprost (6 people, 26.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleep Disorder while taking Gleevec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gleevec and have Sleep Disorder
- support group for people who take Gleevec
- support group for people who have Sleep Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can excessive consumption of marijuana cause sudden sleeping phobia which lasts longer (in days) ?
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Alcohol, Marijuana)
I have been taking marijuana since 2 years and sleep a lot. I always had sleeping disorder like, If someone is doing anything in my room, I can't sleep. I always think of something before sleeping and then I will have some random dream and sleep long if undisturbed. If someone wakes me up in the mid ...
- Is reishi mushrooms save to take with gleevec
(Asked by a 53 year old man who has None However I'm Not Sure This Is Safe To Take Together, and takes Gleevec)
I've read many good things about Reishi Mushrooms. I need to know if there would be any interactions between these mushrooms and taking Gleevec?
- Any tips on how to get off zimovane after 20 years
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Depression, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, and takes Zimovane, Lexapro)
I am an active 69 year old female. I have been a poor sleeper for 25 years. I'm on 2 zimovane tablets a night. I cannot fall asleep without them. They affect my memory. I forget any phone calls or info given to me after I have taken them. I sleep for three to four hors and then I keep wakening every ...
- Excessive sweaty clammy skin and low energy
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, Fatigue - Chronic, Clammy Skin, Sweating - Excessive)
I have been experiencing profuse sweating. Clammy skin. I am very low energy. I do not sleep well and fatigued during the day. I am on many medications for Crohn's disease, arthritis, and other auto immune conditions.
- Restoril seems to be more effective than ambien for me. i am 61 years old female with severe insomnia and diabetic neuropathy
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Diabetes Depression Anxiety, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypertension, and takes Levemir)
I am a 61 year old female with diabetes for 11 years . I have depression, anxiety and insomnia
More questions for: Gleevec, Sleep disorder
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Melatonin and diarrhea
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Melatonin)
I have had difficulty sleeping most of my life. Difficulty going to sleep and waking up multiple times during the night were a usual pattern for me. Testing for sleep apnea did not show a positive result. A friend said to try Melatonin that for him it worked fine. I tried it and the diarrhea st ...
- Michael my son died as a result of kolopin & ambien
(Posted by a 23 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Risperdal, Xyrem, Lunesta, Seroquel, Ambien Cr, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam)
My beautiful son to whom I depended upon took his Life by suicide on July 16, 2013. He had been struggling with a sleep disorder. It seemed to begin in his last year of high school 2010. Mike was very strong in mind and in body. He became a certified personal trainer. He encouraged everyone around h ...
- Temazepam & fenfexodine
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Sleep Disorder, Chronic Sinitus, Allergic Rhinitus, and takes Temazepam, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Is anyone else finding the Temazepam is not working when taken with fenofexedine? I survive on a few hours of sleep a day.
More reviews for: Gleevec, Sleep disorder
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
Comments: Severe stabbing pain between shoulders slightly to the right. Only lasts upto a minute. Attacks infrequent.
Tartar on teeth.
Sweating and chill although usually very cold.
Difficult to maintain weight. Skips meals everyday - habitually only eat dinner in the evening and have done ...
- A study of side effects of Coreg for a patient with Congestive Heart Failure - Left. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Headache - Tension (head pain due to tension), Weight Gain, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type (conditions that prevent a person from getting restful sleep due to mental condition of not getting sleep), Nervousness, Lower Blood Pressure (abnormally low blood pressure), Tiredness (feeling of tiredness)
Comments: My doctor tells me this is most important drug I take. Quality of life is not what I'd like & I'd like to find a substitute drug. Do not tolerate statins or lisinipril. Would the new drug LCZ696 be better?
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Narcolepsy, Speech Disorders, Chronic Pain, Sexual Apathy, Chronic Depression, Addh, Shoulder Blade Pain, Arthritis, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Eyes - Dry, Dry Mouth, Pain Threshold Decreased, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Umbilical Hernia, Sleep Disorder, Involuntary Body Movements, Restless Leg Syndrome, Dizziness, Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue - Chronic, Essential Tremor, Heat Intolerance
Comments: Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a patient with Gi. The patient has Blocked Eustacian Tube, Again Lots Thick Gunge, Chronic Cough And Cold With Lots Of Gunge In Lungs Etc, Onycholysis (detachment of the nail from the nail bed)
Comments: I was prescribed Imatinib for 3 years after GIST was removed, to try prevent recurrence, Over 2 years into course, developed severe cough and cold which have persisted, more or less, to this day. Was hospitalised early this year to get rid of gunge in my lungs and afterwards (March) had a bronchos ...
- A study of drug interactions between Dilaudid, Klonopin, Zonisamide, Lamictal for a patient with Chronic Pain, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Joint Pain, Mood Swings, Loss Of Bladder Control, Sudden Onset Of Sleep, Seizure - Generalized
Comments: Seizures began 2 years after a MVA with a mild concussion, as Grand Mal. They reduced in severity to absence seizures with current medication regimen. I experience severe mood swings and have become so agitated I was committed to a mental health facility for evaluation at one time. Recently I awoke ...
More related studies for: Gleevec, Sleep disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.