Gleevec and Vitamin b12 deficiency - from FDA reports
Vitamin b12 deficiency is found among people who take Gleevec, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Aspirin, and have Gastrointestinal stromal tumor. This review analyzes which people have Vitamin b12 deficiency with Gleevec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,043 people who have side effects when taking Gleevec from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 16, 2017
26,043 people reported to have side effects when taking Gleevec.
Among them, 10 people (0.04%) have Vitamin b12 deficiency
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Vitamin b12 deficiency when taking Gleevec *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Vitamin b12 deficiency when taking Gleevec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 75 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor (3 people, 30.00%)
- Muscle Spasms (2 people, 20.00%)
- Anaemia (2 people, 20.00%)
- Pulmonary Embolism (1 person, 10.00%)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (1 person, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zoloft (2 people, 20.00%)
- Vitamin B12 (2 people, 20.00%)
- Sertraline (2 people, 20.00%)
- Chondroitin (2 people, 20.00%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 20.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Acute Kidney Failure (4 people, 40.00%)
- Renal Cyst (3 people, 30.00%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 20.00%)
- Haemoglobin Decreased (2 people, 20.00%)
- Bladder Transitional Cell Carcinoma (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Vitamin b12 deficiency when taking Gleevec?
- Check symptoms - is vitamin b12 deficiency caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsVitamin b12 deficiency and drugs with ingredients of imatinib mesylate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVitamin b12 deficiency and Gleevec from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Gleevec has active ingredients of imatinib mesylate. It is often used in chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml). (latest outcomes from Gleevec 26,410 users)
Vitamin b12 deficiency
Vitamin b12 deficiency has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, multiple sclerosis, depression (latest reports from 4,117 Vitamin b12 deficiency patients).
Browse all side effects of Gleeveca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Vitamin b12 deficiencyVitamin b12 deficiency
Could your condition cause Vitamin b12 deficiencyVitamin b12 deficiency
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have Chronic Myleoid Leukemia and an taking imatinib. I now have three nodules on my thyroid. FNA on largest is inconclusive. What are the chances it is cancer and should I my entire thyroid removed or just the one large nodule? Other nodules have fluid - cyst like.
Hi ! I am new to this site. I use to follow CML talk - but think that is gone now. Question : I have been on Gleevec - CML diagnosed in 2007. I have been very fortunate, to be None Detected in PCR test since 2008 Being 63 yrs old now - I am 9 yrs on Gleevec 400mgs daily . I have ...
User reviews to the study
Just filled Xifaxan i have been on gleevec 12 years woried I hace alot of bad bacteria in my stomach they done a hydrogen air test where i had to send in 12 breath tubes. It came back positive for bad bacteria .does anyone else have this I have had bloating over a year . But i dont have IBS-D ...
Hi, I have Crohn's disease with a permanent ileostomy so I'm always in some stage of dehydration and on top of that my surgery resulted in removing the area of my intestines that absorb b12. B12 shots are really only thing that works for me however getting insurance to approve once a week is ...
I've been taking Eliquis since my diagnosis for PE on December 6, 2016. I am now having symptoms of vitamin B12 difficiency inclusive of numbness, fatigue, insomnia etc. I really want to share, access information and hear from other persons with the same challenges I have been facing.