Home > Glimepiride > Alopecia > Glimepiride and Alopecia
Review: could Glimepiride cause Alopecia (Hair loss)?
Summary: Alopecia is found among people who take Glimepiride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 10,060 people who have side effects while taking Glimepiride from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Alopecia. Find out below who they are, when they have Alopecia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Glimepiride and have Alopecia >>>
Glimepiride (latest outcomes from 10,306 users) has active ingredients of glimepiride. It is often used in diabetes.
Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body) (latest reports from 41,550 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 10,060 people reported to have side effects when taking Glimepiride. Among them, 31 people (0.31%) have Alopecia.
Time on Glimepiride when people have Alopecia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Alopecia when taking Glimepiride * :
Age of people who have Alopecia when taking Glimepiride * :
Severity of Alopecia when taking Glimepiride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Alopecia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (12 people, 38.71%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 32.26%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4 people, 12.90%)
- Breast cancer (3 people, 9.68%)
- Depression (3 people, 9.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (11 people, 35.48%)
- Norvasc (8 people, 25.81%)
- Clonidine (7 people, 22.58%)
- Metformin hcl (6 people, 19.35%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 16.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alopecia while taking Glimepiride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Glimepiride and have Alopecia
- support group for people who take Glimepiride
- support group for people who have Alopecia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 mi ...
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now i've stopped using it, but i lost hair in frontal region and i want to regrow it.
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Fluticasone Propionate)
What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking Fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now I've stopped using it, but I lost hair in frontal region and I want to regrow it.
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking xanax. i understand it has caused my hair loss. i once had very thick hair. now i'm almost bald. i'm stopping the xanax. now what??
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Loss Of Hair, and takes Xanax)
How can I get my hair to grow back if I stop xanax
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Do dpp4 inhibitors increase cancer risk?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, and takes Glimepiride, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Januvia)
Metabolic syndrome, ed, triglycerides untreated over 200, bp untreated 160/96, A1c untreated 9.
More questions for: Glimepiride, Alopecia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with enbrel
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, Psoriatic Arthritis, and takes Enbrel)
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing significant hair thinning at the second month of treatments (50 mg once per week). My Rhuematologist suggested 800 mcg of folic acid. I am still losing hair although I am feeling so much better.
- Hair loss with metformin hydrochloride usage
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have been taking the drug Metformin Hydrochloride for about 5 months and definitely find that I am losing hair which is a problem I have never experienced. Always had the healthiest hair, no problems. Well, I am finding that I am losing lair significantly and feel that the manufacturer of this dru ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Joint swelling in my hands
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Swelling, and takes Glimepiride, Invokana)
I have only been taking Invokana for almost 3 weeks, I have noticed joint swelling in my hands which did not occur 3 weeks ago when I was taking Glimepiride. While taking the Glimepiride I noticed that my ankles and feet hurt after sitting for a while or when I woke up. Has anyone else noticed these ...
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
More reviews for: Glimepiride, Alopecia
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- A study of side effects of Cannabis for a patient with The Cause. The patient has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Hair Loss, Lethargy (tiredness)
Comments: Patient has been declining after increased marijuana usage. Graves disease like symptoms with weight loss, bulging eyes, mood disorder, lethargic, and loss of appetite. Increased depression and dependency on substances has drastically changed. Appearance and facial structures are predominate.
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of side effects of Rogaine for a patient with Loss Of Hair. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Sebum plugs on scalp,eyebrows,eyelashes,facial hair and all over non facialhair areas such as nose and forehead. The sebum plugs causes My hair to fallout and no visibel regrowth is occuring. My face is really oily and I have flakes/dandruff all over My face. No dandruff on My scalp. This all occure ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zetia, Ramipril, Atorvastatin Calcium, Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Diarrhea. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Just began Cholestyramine Pack on 10/01/2015 for chronic diahrrea which, after several months and many tests, can not be diagnosed! After approx.2 weeks on this medication, began losing considerable amounts of hair every time I shampooed, brushed or even gently combed. After one week, there is a n ...
More related studies for: Glimepiride, Alopecia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Silver and Psychogenic Erectile Dysfunction
- Bad Breath
- Kidney Stones and Arrhythmia
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cough and Topamax
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured. ... (23 minutes ago)
- Is it safe to mastrubate while recovering from gbs gullian barre syndrome (gbs)
im currently on my recovery path its been 4 months and yet ... (53 minutes ago)
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
Answer: Mouth ulcers whenever I lower my abilify dosage. Went to d ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (12 hours ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (20 hours ago)
- Jakavi_side effects on weight gain
Gained 6 kgs after 3 months of using Jakafi 5mg (4 tabs)/d ... (1 day ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Levothyroxine Sodium, Mirapex, Pravachol, Cymbalta, Clonidine, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax for a 58-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, RLS, High Density Lipoprotein Abnormal, RSD, Hot Flashes, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Headache (33 minutes ago)
- Cephalexin, Aranesp for a 86-year old woman who has Discitis, Low Hemoglobin (37 minutes ago)
- Humira for a 29-year old woman who has Psoriasis (1 hour ago)