Home > Glimepiride > Alopecia > Glimepiride and Alopecia
Review: could Glimepiride cause Alopecia (Hair loss)?
We study 10,060 people who have side effects while taking Glimepiride from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Alopecia. Find out below who they are, when they have Alopecia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Glimepiride and have Alopecia >>>
Glimepiride (latest outcomes from 10,300 users) has active ingredients of glimepiride. It is often used in type 2 diabetes.
Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body) (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 10,060 people reported to have side effects when taking Glimepiride. Among them, 31 people (0.31%) have Alopecia.
Time on Glimepiride when people have Alopecia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Alopecia when taking Glimepiride * :
Age of people who have Alopecia when taking Glimepiride * :
Severity of Alopecia when taking Glimepiride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Alopecia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (12 people, 38.71%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 32.26%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4 people, 12.90%)
- Breast cancer (3 people, 9.68%)
- Depression (3 people, 9.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (11 people, 35.48%)
- Norvasc (8 people, 25.81%)
- Clonidine (7 people, 22.58%)
- Metformin hcl (6 people, 19.35%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 16.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alopecia while taking Glimepiride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Glimepiride and have Alopecia
- support group for people who take Glimepiride
- support group for people who have Alopecia
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 mi ...
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now i've stopped using it, but i lost hair in frontal region and i want to regrow it.
What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking Fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now I've stopped using it, but I lost hair in frontal region and I want to regrow it.
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking xanax. i understand it has caused my hair loss. i once had very thick hair. now i'm almost bald. i'm stopping the xanax. now what??
How can I get my hair to grow back if I stop xanax
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Do dpp4 inhibitors increase cancer risk?
Metabolic syndrome, ed, triglycerides untreated over 200, bp untreated 160/96, A1c untreated 9.
- Is a side effect of losartan hair loss?
My doctor took me off Lisinopril due to the cough and put me on Losartan. After about 1 year I noticed hair breakage and hair loss. Can the hair damage be reverse by going back to Lisinopril?
- What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- Does tradjenta with glimepiride lower a1c or fasting sugar or both
I was on glimepiride (two tablets before breakfast, one before lunch and one before dinner). My fasting sugar suddenly became 200 and A1c was 9.6. So I consulted endocrinologist. And she recommended to add Tradjenta (5 mg) once a day. I started Tradjenta on 02/12/2014. But my bood sugar has remian ...
- Has anyone had hair loss due to accutane that was taken 10 or so years ago?
Started extreme shedding in 2001 when I took Accutane
Gradual increase in hair thinning
Now hair is 1/4 of original; could Accutane continue to cause hair loss after 10 years
- How to recover from erectile dyfunction after taking metropol tablets fror 15 years
Erectile Dyfunction /premature ejeculation since one year
25 years old diabetes
Heart diseases PTC done 8years ago
More questions for: Glimepiride, Alopecia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Joint swelling in my hands
I have only been taking Invokana for almost 3 weeks, I have noticed joint swelling in my hands which did not occur 3 weeks ago when I was taking Glimepiride. While taking the Glimepiride I noticed that my ankles and feet hurt after sitting for a while or when I woke up. Has anyone else noticed these ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Hair loss on this drug
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, e ...
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman.
Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at onc ...
- Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
More reviews for: Glimepiride, Alopecia
On eHealthMe, Glimepiride (glimepiride) is often used for type 2 diabetes. Find out below the conditions Glimepiride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Glimepiride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Glimepiride, Alopecia
Recent Glimepiride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Glimepiride, Glipizide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Typew Two Diabetes
- Comparions of Glimepiride, Metformin, Donepezil, Citalopram Hydrobromide, for a 72-year old man who has Frontal Lobe Dementia
- Comparions of Glipizide, Glimepiride for a 74-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Glimepiride for a 68-year old man who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Glimepiride, Allopurinol for a 77-year old man who has Ativan
- Comparions of Glimepiride, Metformin for a 53-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Glucophage, Amaryl, Lantus for a 55-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Management
- Comparions of Metformin, Glimepiride for a 72-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Pioglitazone, Glimepiride, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 50-year old man who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Janumet, Amaryl for a 38-year old woman who has Diabetes
More related comparison studies for: Glimepiride, Alopecia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (59 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (2 hours ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Thorazine and Drug Screen False Positive
- Suicide Attempt
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (5 hours ago)
- Postictal State
- Gastric Ulcer Haemorrhage
- Heart Rate Increased
- Anhydrous Benedict's Reagent Poisoning