Review: could Glimepiride cause Edema (Swelling)?
Summary: Edema is found among people who take Glimepiride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 10,062 people who have side effects while taking Glimepiride from FDA and social media. Among them, 58 have Edema. Find out below who they are, when they have Edema and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Glimepiride and have Edema >>>
Glimepiride has active ingredients of glimepiride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Glimepiride 10,307 users)
Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, metastases to bone.(latest reports from Edema 21,478 patients)
On Dec, 3, 2014: 10,062 people reported to have side effects when taking Glimepiride. Among them, 58 people (0.58%) have Edema.
Time on Glimepiride when people have Edema * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Edema when taking Glimepiride * :
Age of people who have Edema when taking Glimepiride * :
Severity of Edema when taking Glimepiride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Edema ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (22 people, 37.93%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 31.03%)
- Pain (9 people, 15.52%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (9 people, 15.52%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (6 people, 10.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (18 people, 31.03%)
- Lisinopril (13 people, 22.41%)
- Omeprazole (12 people, 20.69%)
- Lyrica (11 people, 18.97%)
- Amlodipine (10 people, 17.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Edema while taking Glimepiride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Glimepiride and have Edema
- support group for people who take Glimepiride
- support group for people who have Edema
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair (1 answer)
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Do dpp4 inhibitors increase cancer risk?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, and takes Glimepiride, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Januvia)
Metabolic syndrome, ed, triglycerides untreated over 200, bp untreated 160/96, A1c untreated 9.
- Does tradjenta with glimepiride lower a1c or fasting sugar or both
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has A1c, Fasting Blood Sugar, and takes Tradjenta, Glimepiride)
I was on glimepiride (two tablets before breakfast, one before lunch and one before dinner). My fasting sugar suddenly became 200 and A1c was 9.6. So I consulted endocrinologist. And she recommended to add Tradjenta (5 mg) once a day. I started Tradjenta on 02/12/2014. But my bood sugar has remian ...
- How to recover from erectile dyfunction after taking metropol tablets fror 15 years
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Heart Disease Congenital, Hypertension, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Aspirin, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Metformin Hydrochloride, Glimepiride, Ramipril, Insulin Nordisk Mixtard)
Erectile Dyfunction /premature ejeculation since one year
25 years old diabetes
Heart diseases PTC done 8years ago
- Can glimepiride cause rapid weight gain (1 answer)
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, and takes Glimepiride, Metformin, Crestor, Diovan)
Recently my doctor prescribed Glimepiride to help control my diabetes. After being on the medicine for only about 14 days I had gained 6 pounds and am already overweight by about 20 pounds. The weight is not good for my diabetes and I gained it all in my stomach so now have a bigger spare tire arou ...
More questions for: Glimepiride, Edema
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- Joint swelling in my hands
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Swelling, and takes Glimepiride, Invokana)
I have only been taking Invokana for almost 3 weeks, I have noticed joint swelling in my hands which did not occur 3 weeks ago when I was taking Glimepiride. While taking the Glimepiride I noticed that my ankles and feet hurt after sitting for a while or when I woke up. Has anyone else noticed these ...
- Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms (2 responses)
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolisms, and takes Cymbalta, Celebrex, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Fish Oil, Crestor, Glimepiride, Metformin)
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
More reviews for: Glimepiride, Edema
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Swelling
Comments: hx multiple myeloma x 3 years. Developed elevated AST/ALT liver enxymes due to chemo a year ago.
Have been treated with prednisone/dexamethasone for year. Recently put on imuran with positive results.
No chemo in the past year.
Right elbow painful and significant swelling off and on x 2 months.
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling
Comments: My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of side effects of Amaryl for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Zetia
Comments: Hello I am a female 69 years old and all of a sudden these past few days I have had huge hot flashes especially at night.......I use an ice pack behind my neck. Are my meds causing this all of a sudden? I am a wreck...I do not like the way I feel....could it be my Thyroid? My Vitamin D level is low ...
More related studies for: Glimepiride, Edema
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.