Review: could Glipizide cause Blood pressure increased?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 21,040 people who take Glipizide. Among them, 894 have Blood pressure increased. See who they are, when they have Blood pressure increased and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Glipizide (latest outcomes from 21,445 users) has active ingredients of glipizide. It is often used in diabetes, type 2 diabetes. Commonly reported side effects of Glipizide include blood glucose increased, nausea, weight decreased, weakness, breathing difficulty.
Blood pressure increased
Blood pressure increased (latest reports from 1,142,363 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Mar, 9, 2014: 21,040 people reported to have side effects when taking Glipizide. Among them, 795 people (3.78%) have Blood Pressure Increased. They amount to 0.07% of all the 1,142,363 people who have Blood Pressure Increased.
Time on Glipizide when people have Blood pressure increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure increased||36.36%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||54.55%||9.09%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Glipizide * :
|Blood pressure increased||47.18%||52.82% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Glipizide * :
|Blood pressure increased||0.28%||0.00%||0.00%||0.83%||1.10%||11.46%||28.31%||58.01% |
Severity of Blood pressure increased when taking Glipizide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (149 people, 18.74%)
- Hypertension (137 people, 17.23%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (91 people, 11.45%)
- Depression (40 people, 5.03%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (36 people, 4.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (225 people, 28.30%)
- Lisinopril (210 people, 26.42%)
- Metformin hcl (185 people, 23.27%)
- Furosemide (135 people, 16.98%)
- Lasix (132 people, 16.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Glipizide, Blood pressure increased
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Glipizide (glipizide) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Glipizide is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Glipizide used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Glipizide side effects from A to Z:
Browse Glipizide drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I am experiencing intentional movements when going to sleep. The movements follow what I am dreaming about.
From this study (4 years ago):
maintains heallthy diet but sugar and pressure wont go done
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Glipizide, Blood pressure increased
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- High blood pressure and hot flashes
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Glipizide, Blood pressure increased
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Zinc Sulfate, Selenium, Vitamin C, B Complex Vitamin, Omega-9 Fatty Acids, Omega-6 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids, Omega-3, Calcium-D-Glucarate, Vitamin D, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Lamotrigine, Novolog, Levemir, Ondansetron, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Aggrenox, Synthroid, Januvia, Cymbalta, Lansoprazole, Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a patient with Hair Loss In Women, Heel Pain, Fatigue, Wine And Heart Health, Bone Density Increased, Vitamin D Deficiency, Rhabdomyolysis, Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Analgesic Supportive Therapy, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar 1, Nausea, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, High Blood Pressure, Blood Thinner, Thyroid Disorder, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Gerd, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Bipolar I Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (High Blood Cholesterol), Depression, Reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Hypothyroidism, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia), Myoclonic Jerks
- A study of drug interactions between Lopressor, Glucotrol for a patient with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar. The patient has Dizziness, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia)
More related studies for: Glipizide, Blood pressure increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.