Home > Glipizide > Death > Glipizide and Death
Review: could Glipizide cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Glipizide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 21,778 people who have side effects while taking Glipizide from FDA and social media. Among them, 482 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Glipizide and have Death >>>
Glipizide (latest outcomes from 22,176 users) has active ingredients of glipizide. It is often used in diabetes.
Death (latest reports from 546,449 patients)
On Oct, 30, 2014: 21,776 people reported to have side effects when taking Glipizide. Among them, 489 people (2.25%) have Death.
Time on Glipizide when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Glipizide * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Glipizide * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (47 people, 9.61%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (42 people, 8.59%)
- Prophylaxis (31 people, 6.34%)
- Hypertension (28 people, 5.73%)
- Multiple myeloma (28 people, 5.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (137 people, 28.02%)
- Lasix (112 people, 22.90%)
- Lisinopril (104 people, 21.27%)
- Furosemide (85 people, 17.38%)
- Metformin hcl (83 people, 16.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Death while taking Glipizide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Glipizide and have Death
- support group for people who take Glipizide
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Drug interactions with gilizide, metformin, lisinopril and welchol
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Diabetic Type 2, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, and takes Welchol, Metformin, Glipizide, Lisinopril)
I have been on Janumet , lisinopril and simvastatin. Dr. Replaced simvastatin with Welchol due to muscle pains. We also switched from Janumet back to just Metformin since glipizide was helping so much. Pharmacist said not to take Welchol at the same time as the others due to binding. I take the othe ...
- What dosage of metoprolol tartrate can i use to replace 50mg of motoprolol succinate er?
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Sertraline, Nifedipine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Metformin, Potassium Citrate, Allopurinol, Fenofibrate, Simvastatin)
I am currently taking Metoprolol Succinate 50 ER once per day, and I want to switch to Metoprolol Tartrate strictly because it is considerably cheaper. I just need to know the Tartrate equivalency for my Succinate dosage. I believe that it is 25 MG twice per day but I am not sure.
- I have suffered with diabetic neuropathy of the feet for years. i recently started prednisone for hives and the foot pain went away. my doctor doesnt know why?i'm told i cant take prednisone long term
(Asked by a 53 year old man who has Diabetic Neuropathy, and takes Metformin, Lisinopril, Glipizide, Prednisone)
I have tried multiple drugs for pain management of neuropathy in my feet. Nothing has worked until I took prednisone for a case of hives and the pain was virtually gone and the numbness was greatly reduced. I cant take prednisone long term and am looking for an alternative. I can actually function l ...
- Can glipizide cause neurapathy
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Neurapathy, Diabetic, and takes Glipizide)
Been on glipizide for about 20 years. Developed neurapathy 2013. Have had EMG but it was inconclusive as to diabetic neurapathy. Just read that long use of glipizide could cause neurapathy
- Causes of extreme fatigue and fainting when stressed and chronic panic/anxiety and insomnia
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Death Of Child, Depression - Major, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Anxiety Disorder, GERD, and takes Clonazepam, Protonix)
since daughters death 6 years ago I have been extremely fatigued, no energy for anything, dizziness chronic and have fainted about 7 times in the past 18 months, severe panic when leaving my home to the point of choking and vomiting, also wake up with flashbacks to my childs death nightly. Have bee ...
More questions for: Glipizide, Death
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity
(Posted by a 40 year old man who has Death, and takes Oxymorphone Hydrochloride)
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribe ...
More reviews for: Glipizide, Death
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor, Glipizide, Suboxone, Ritalin for a patient with Depression, Diabetes, Addiction, Add. The patient has Hives
Comments: Exposure to tempratures below 60 F causes itching and hives on back and legs
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Januvia, Metformin, Gabapentin, Ibuprofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Fenofibrate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lantus Solostar, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Depression, High Blood Sugar, Nerve Pain, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Aches, Thinking - Unclear, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Back Disorder, Pain Threshold Decreased, Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Depression
Comments: very tired most of day , daily functions being limited , type 2 diabetic ,hashimoto's , degenerative disc problem in back..
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Glipizide, Metformin for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent. The patient has Low Thyroid
Comments: I need to find a medicine in replace of my metforminso it doesn't affect my thyroid.
- A study of drug interactions between Morphine, Morphine Sulfate, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lantus Solostar, Novolog, Gabapentin, Glipizide, CoQ-10, Lorazepam, Captopril for a patient with Severe Pain, Depression, Type 2 Diabetes, Neuropathy, Heart Failure, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has I Get Little Blisters On Swollen Legs, Skin In Places Of Legs Feels Leathery, Legs A Red Purple Coler, Very Swollen Legs
Comments: My legs have been swelling severely for months they checked my heart kidneys and blood pressure none of those things are causing this
- A study of side effects of Glipizide for a patient with Diabetes. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: May have caused pancreatitis and type I diabetes
I have family history of sulfa allergy, but had never taken a sulfa drug myself
More related studies for: Glipizide, Death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Multiple Sclerosis and Aspergillosis
- Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (11 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (16 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (20 minutes ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (42 minutes ago)
- Lexapro for a 45-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (1 hour ago)