Review: could Glipizide cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Glipizide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes.
We study 21,795 people who have side effects while taking Glipizide from FDA and social media. Among them, 489 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Glipizide and have Death >>>
Glipizide has active ingredients of glipizide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 22,195 Glipizide users)
Death has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, multiple myeloma, dialysis, diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 183,874 Death patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 21,791 people reported to have side effects when taking Glipizide. Among them, 489 people (2.24%) have Death.
Time on Glipizide when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Glipizide * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Glipizide * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (47 people, 9.61%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (42 people, 8.59%)
- Prophylaxis (31 people, 6.34%)
- Hypertension (28 people, 5.73%)
- Multiple myeloma (28 people, 5.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (137 people, 28.02%)
- Lasix (112 people, 22.90%)
- Lisinopril (104 people, 21.27%)
- Furosemide (85 people, 17.38%)
- Metformin hcl (83 people, 16.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of glipizide and death on
Do you have Death while taking Glipizide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Glipizide and have Death
- support group for people who take Glipizide
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, ASA, Plavix, Actos, Metformin, Glucotrol, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zocor, Glipizide, Byetta for a 73-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Hyperlipidaemia, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Parkinsonian Rest Tremor, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependenet.
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Augmentin, Sertraline, Gabapentin for a 30-year old man with Pharyngitis, Pharyngitis Bacterial, Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Sudden Death
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate, Glipizide, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 46-year old woman with ADHD, Blood Pressure Increased, Diabetic Complication, High Blood Cholesterol.
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Glipizide, Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Crestor for a 71-year old man with Prosthesis, Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Muscle Spasms
Recent Glipizide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of VICTOZA, GLIPIZIDE for a 55-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Prednisone, Armour Thyroid, Lisinopril, Glipizide, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 64-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control
- Comparions of Tradjenta, Lovastatin, Glipizide for a 75-year old man who has High Blood Sugar
- Comparions of Glipizide, Amaryl for a 72-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Glipizide for a 44-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.