Review: could Glipizide cause Pancreatic cancer (Pancreatic carcinoma)?
Summary: Pancreatic cancer is found among people who take Glipizide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Actos, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 21,782 people who have side effects while taking Glipizide from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Pancreatic cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatic cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Glipizide and have Pancreatic cancer >>>
Glipizide has active ingredients of glipizide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Glipizide 22,178 users)
Pancreatic cancer (pancreatic cancer) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, pancreatic carcinoma.(latest reports from Pancreatic cancer 7,454 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 21,778 people reported to have side effects when taking Glipizide. Among them, 22 people (0.10%) have Pancreatic Cancer.
Time on Glipizide when people have Pancreatic cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pancreatic cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Pancreatic cancer when taking Glipizide * :
|Pancreatic cancer||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Pancreatic cancer when taking Glipizide * :
|Pancreatic cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.35%||4.35%||91.30% |
Severity of Pancreatic cancer when taking Glipizide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Pancreatic cancer||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Pancreatic cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (10 people, 45.45%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 22.73%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (5 people, 22.73%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (2 people, 9.09%)
- Peripheral vascular disorder (1 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Actos (7 people, 31.82%)
- Glucophage (6 people, 27.27%)
- Lisinopril (6 people, 27.27%)
- Tricor (5 people, 22.73%)
- Byetta (5 people, 22.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pancreatic Cancer while taking Glipizide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Glipizide and have Pancreatic Cancer
- support group for people who take Glipizide
- support group for people who have Pancreatic Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Drug interactions with gilizide, metformin, lisinopril and welchol (1 answer)
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Diabetic Type 2, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, and takes Welchol, Metformin, Glipizide, Lisinopril)
I have been on Janumet , lisinopril and simvastatin. Dr. Replaced simvastatin with Welchol due to muscle pains. We also switched from Janumet back to just Metformin since glipizide was helping so much. Pharmacist said not to take Welchol at the same time as the others due to binding. I take the othe ...
- What dosage of metoprolol tartrate can i use to replace 50mg of motoprolol succinate er?
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Sertraline, Nifedipine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Metformin, Potassium Citrate, Allopurinol, Fenofibrate, Simvastatin)
I am currently taking Metoprolol Succinate 50 ER once per day, and I want to switch to Metoprolol Tartrate strictly because it is considerably cheaper. I just need to know the Tartrate equivalency for my Succinate dosage. I believe that it is 25 MG twice per day but I am not sure.
- I have suffered with diabetic neuropathy of the feet for years. i recently started prednisone for hives and the foot pain went away. my doctor doesnt know why?i'm told i cant take prednisone long term
(Asked by a 53 year old man who has Diabetic Neuropathy, and takes Metformin, Lisinopril, Glipizide, Prednisone)
I have tried multiple drugs for pain management of neuropathy in my feet. Nothing has worked until I took prednisone for a case of hives and the pain was virtually gone and the numbness was greatly reduced. I cant take prednisone long term and am looking for an alternative. I can actually function l ...
- Can glipizide cause neurapathy
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Neurapathy, Diabetic, and takes Glipizide)
Been on glipizide for about 20 years. Developed neurapathy 2013. Have had EMG but it was inconclusive as to diabetic neurapathy. Just read that long use of glipizide could cause neurapathy
- Can being hiv positive and diabetic cause false postive drug screens for amphetamines and thc? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has Hiv Antibody Positive, and takes Isentress, Truvada, Januvia, Glucotrol, Oxycodone, Fentanyl-25, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Ondansetron, Tylenol, Chlor-trimeton, Omeprazole Magnesium, Lonox, Imodium A-d)
I am constantly throwing positive drug tests for Marijuana and Amphetamines. My pain management doctor is the only one that has told me of this. I am wondering if my medical conditions or medications could cause false positives. I have not done either of those drugs since I was 20 and I will be 50 t ...
More questions for: Glipizide, Pancreatic cancer
More reviews for: Glipizide, Pancreatic cancer
- A study of side effects of Glipizide for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Itching - Burning Eyes
Comments: I have had an itch, particularly around my neck for at least 10 years, but more severe in past few years. I have these powerful burning deep itches all over my body, particularly around my neck, face, head, and back. Nothing helps, they just flare up repeatedly. I am bothered all night and all day!! ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Ginseng, Vitamin B12, Simvastatin, Tramadol, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Diclofenac Sodium, Glipizide, Lyrica, Premarin for a patient with Energy Increased, High Blood Pressure, Arithris Pain, Insomnia And Anxiety, Fast Pulse Rate, Arithris, Diabetes, Nerve Pain, Hrt. The patient has White Blood Cell Count
Comments: Went for basic blood work to monitor diabetes and kidney function. I was called today and told that my white cell count was elevated. I must return for blood work in 11 days. I was not told how elevated they were.
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin, Glipizide for a patient with Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional
Comments: I am an obese male who lost 70 pounds over the last three years. My weight remained stable for nearly one year. My doctor prescribed and I have been compliant with taking the above mentioned medications for the last nine months and they were keeping my blood glucose in check and lowered my A1C by 60 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Acetaminophen, Amlodipine Besylate, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Glipizide, Metformin, Lantus for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Pain Management, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control. The patient has Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Cancer - Pancreas, Muscle Pain
Comments: I had (2) herniated disc 3 years ago....sometimes severe pain in right leg and back that radiates. Only got about 90% better. Right leg is calf area is still numb and mussel contracts is very painful especially if my sugar drops.
Random severe pain in muscles all over my body especially at nigh ...
- A study of drug interactions between Raspberry Ketone, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, CoQ-10, Aleve, Baby Aspirin, Fish Oil, Ketotifen Fumarate, Provigil, Glipizide for a patient with Weight Loss, Nutritional Support, Vitamin D Deficiency, Prophylaxis, Migraine Prophylaxis, Preventive Health Care, Hyperlipidemia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Altered State Of Consciousness, Confusion, Bronchitis Nos, Hyperglycaemia
Comments: I developed bronchitis over the course of a week so severe that non-stop coughing for 3 days. Tightness in chest and breathing improved with albuterol and prednisone, but not blood sugars routinely in the upper 2 and 3 hundreds. I did start taking a 4th daily glipiside since am taking prednisone. No ...
More related studies for: Glipizide, Pancreatic cancer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.