Review: could Glipizide cause Pancreatic cancer (Pancreatic carcinoma)?
Summary: Pancreatic cancer is found among people who take Glipizide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Actos, and have Type 2 diabetes.
We study 21,791 people who have side effects while taking Glipizide from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Pancreatic cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatic cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Glipizide and have Pancreatic cancer >>>
Glipizide has active ingredients of glipizide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 22,189 Glipizide users)
Pancreatic cancer (pancreatic cancer) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 7,478 Pancreatic cancer patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 21,788 people reported to have side effects when taking Glipizide. Among them, 22 people (0.10%) have Pancreatic Cancer.
Time on Glipizide when people have Pancreatic cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pancreatic cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Pancreatic cancer when taking Glipizide * :
|Pancreatic cancer||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Pancreatic cancer when taking Glipizide * :
|Pancreatic cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.35%||4.35%||91.30% |
Severity of Pancreatic cancer when taking Glipizide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Pancreatic cancer||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Pancreatic cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (10 people, 45.45%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 22.73%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (5 people, 22.73%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (2 people, 9.09%)
- Peripheral vascular disorder (1 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Actos (7 people, 31.82%)
- Glucophage (6 people, 27.27%)
- Lisinopril (6 people, 27.27%)
- Tricor (5 people, 22.73%)
- Byetta (5 people, 22.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of glipizide and pancreatic cancer on
Do you have Pancreatic Cancer while taking Glipizide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Glipizide and have Pancreatic Cancer
- support group for people who take Glipizide
- support group for people who have Pancreatic Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Glipizide, Metformin, Nexium, Tramadol for a 53-year old woman with Leg Pain, Hyperglycemia, Gerd, Pain - Back. The patient has Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Ambien, Bactrim, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methylprednisolone, Glipizide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Carafate for a 77-year old man with Bone Marrow Aspiration, Insomnia, Uti, Pain, Inflammation, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Weakness, Hiccups
- A study of side effects of Glipizide for a 78-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Discharge From Breasts, Stomach Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Melatonin, Glipizide, Simvastatin for a 50-year old woman with Stop Smoking, High Blood Pressure, Insomia, Type 2 Diabetis, High Cholesteral. The patient has Weight Gain, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Glipizide, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Tamoxifen Citrate for a 51-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Diabetic Coma, Lupus Erythematosus, Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Citrate Toxicity, Synthroid, Glipizide, Hydrogen Sulfate
Recent Glipizide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tradjenta, Lovastatin, Glipizide for a 75-year old man who has High Blood Sugar
- Comparions of Glipizide, Amaryl for a 72-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Glipizide for a 44-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes
- Comparions of Glipizide, Furosemide, Benicar, Carvedilol, Spironolactone for a 65-year old woman who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Glimepiride, Glipizide for a 58-year old man who has Diabetic Gastroparesis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.