Home > Glipizide > Platelet count decreased > Glipizide and Platelet count decreased
Review: could Glipizide cause Platelet count decreased (Thrombocytopenia )?
We study 21,776 people who have side effects while taking Glipizide from FDA and social media. Among them, 162 have Platelet count decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Platelet count decreased and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Glipizide and have Platelet count decreased >>>
Glipizide (latest outcomes from 22,175 users) has active ingredients of glipizide. It is often used in diabetes.
Platelet count decreased
Platelet count decreased (latest reports from 236,988 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 21,776 people reported to have side effects when taking Glipizide. Among them, 162 people (0.74%) have Platelet Count Decreased.
Time on Glipizide when people have Platelet count decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Platelet count decreased||60.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00% |
Gender of people who have Platelet count decreased when taking Glipizide * :
|Platelet count decreased||36.90%||63.10% |
Age of people who have Platelet count decreased when taking Glipizide * :
|Platelet count decreased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.33%||4.00%||10.00%||84.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (20 people, 12.35%)
- Multiple myeloma (12 people, 7.41%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 6.79%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (11 people, 6.79%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 4.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (51 people, 31.48%)
- Atenolol (30 people, 18.52%)
- Lasix (27 people, 16.67%)
- Furosemide (27 people, 16.67%)
- Folic acid (24 people, 14.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Platelet Count Decreased while taking Glipizide?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Glipizide and have Platelet Count Decreased
- support group for people who take Glipizide
- support group for people who have Platelet Count Decreased
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
K S Prakash on Apr, 6, 2011:
I used Lopid 300 mg once a day for about 3 to 3.5 months. My blood sugar levels rose...
I stopped Lopid.
Lopid also caused pain in the lower ribs, just above the stomach apart from muscle weakness.
I stopped the drug and awaiting for improvement.
Fresno on Dec, 9, 2012:
Over the past year, I have lost substantial muscle tone. Strength remains ok but significant change is hardness of muscles though my diet and workout routine remain the same. I stopped finasteride and continue to loss muscle tone. Have had blood work and other tests all negative. Any suggestions
william mcniff on Nov, 20, 2012:
No one lost muscle tissue/weight during or after the BMT????Really??? I lost 75lbs during and after my BMT. 205 to 130lbs. I have no muscle mass at all.
It has been over 4 years since my transplant and I still cannot rebuild the lost muscle. This is with
testosterone shots weight training BCAA Whey protein
creatine etc etc etc.
I find it hard to believe muscle wasting did not occur with other patients.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Glipizide, Platelet count decreased
More reviews for: Glipizide, Platelet count decreased
On eHealthMe, Glipizide (glipizide) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Glipizide is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Glipizide used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (49 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (49 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Wrinkles Aging Changes
- Abnormal Orgasm Female
- Benazepril Hydrochloride 20mg