Review: could Glucophage xr cause Gas - flatulence?
Summary: Gas - flatulence is reported only by a few people who take Glucophage xr.
We study 2,444 people who have side effects while taking Glucophage xr from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Gas - flatulence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Glucophage xr and have Gas - flatulence >>>
Glucophage xr has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 2,498 Glucophage xr users)
Gas - flatulence
Gas - flatulence (act of expelling air from the intestine through anus) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 136 Gas - flatulence patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 2,444 people reported to have side effects when taking Glucophage xr. Among them, 1 people (0.04%) has Gas - Flatulence.
Time on Glucophage xr when people have Gas - flatulence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Gas - flatulence||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00 |
Gender of people who have Gas - flatulence when taking Glucophage xr * :
|Gas - flatulence||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Gas - flatulence when taking Glucophage xr * :
|Gas - flatulence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Gas - flatulence when taking Glucophage xr ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Gas - flatulence||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Gas - flatulence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes (1 people, 100.00%)
- Bph (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hydrochloride (1 people, 100.00%)
- Finasteride (1 people, 100.00%)
- Proscar (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Glucophage xr and gas - flatulence on
Do you have Gas - Flatulence while taking Glucophage Xr?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Glucophage xr and have Gas - Flatulence
- support group for people who take Glucophage xr
- support group for people who have Gas - Flatulence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a 45-year old woman with Low Back Pain. The patient has Flatulence (flatus)
- A study of drug interactions between Bisacodyl, Esomeprazole Sodium for a 22-year old man with Bowel Incontinence, Indigestion. The patient has Hunger, Sweating - Excessive, Flatulence (flatus), Nausea, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Hyperacidity, Bowel Obstruction
- A study of drug interactions between Glucophage, Ramipril, Sertraline for a 52-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Hot Flushes, Cough, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Xanax for a 61-year old woman with Diabetic Foot, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Brittle Nails
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
Recent Glucophage xr related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Synthroid, Metformin for a 61-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Armour Thyroid, Metformin, Glipizide, Prednisone for a 64-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 58-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.