Glucotrol xl and Coeliac disease - from FDA reports
Coeliac disease is found among people who take Glucotrol xl, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old also take medication Risperdal, and have Bipolar disorder. This review analyzes which people have Coeliac disease with Glucotrol xl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,570 people who have side effects when taking Glucotrol xl from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
6,570 people reported to have side effects when taking Glucotrol xl.
Among them, 9 people (0.14%) have Coeliac disease
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Coeliac disease when taking Glucotrol xl *:
- female: 11.11 %
- male: 88.89 %
Age of people who have Coeliac disease when taking Glucotrol xl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 77.78 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Restless Leg Syndrome (6 people, 66.67%)
- Personality Disorder (6 people, 66.67%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (6 people, 66.67%)
- Gastric Ulcer (6 people, 66.67%)
- Bipolar Disorder (6 people, 66.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zoloft (7 people, 77.78%)
- Risperdal (7 people, 77.78%)
- Trileptal (6 people, 66.67%)
- Requip (6 people, 66.67%)
- Klonopin (6 people, 66.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased (7 people, 77.78%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (6 people, 66.67%)
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (6 people, 66.67%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (6 people, 66.67%)
- Hyperhidrosis (6 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Coeliac disease when taking Glucotrol xl?
- Check symptoms - is coeliac disease caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCoeliac disease and drugs with ingredients of glipizide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCoeliac disease and Glucotrol xl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Glucotrol xl has active ingredients of glipizide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Glucotrol xl 6,606 users)
Coeliac disease (simple food intolerance) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 5,314 Coeliac disease patients).
Browse all side effects of Glucotrol xla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Coeliac diseaseCoeliac disease
Could your condition cause Coeliac diseaseCoeliac disease
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I suffer with costochondritis and coeliac disease. I'm so ill I can barely function and sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get better again. I've lost a huge amount of weight and this has been a continuous battle for the last 1/2 years. I'm aged 21 yet weigh a mere 6st7. I love food and always have ...
User reviews to the study
I get terrible heartburn and constipation from losartan. I didn't know why till I found an article by accident that said people who are gluten intolerant should not take arb's. Valsartan was even worse +made my feet swollen. I am going tomorrow to explain all of this
I have been diagnosed as having Dermatitis Herpetiformis (DH), a reaction to Gluten. GI doctor performed test and they all are inconclusive, as were the dermatology tests. All inconclusive including the results of the Celiac blood panel. I have been gluten-free for months now, yet still have ...
My daughter was just diagnosed with Celiac Disease in her blood work and is scheduled for an Endoscopy next week. Is there any possibility to reverse the Disease with a different medication she has been taking levothroxin for 5 years now for Hoshimotos Thyroidities? Does she have Celiac for the ...