Review: could Glutathione cause Stevens johnson syndrome (Erythema multiforme)?
Summary: Stevens johnson syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Glutathione.
We study 136 people who have side effects while taking Glutathione from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Stevens johnson syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Stevens johnson syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Glutathione and have Stevens johnson syndrome >>>
Glutathione has active ingredients of glutathione. It is often used in hepatic function abnormal. (latest outcomes from Glutathione 152 users)
Stevens johnson syndrome
Stevens johnson syndrome (an immune-complex-mediated hypersensitivity disorder. it ranges from mild skin and mucous membrane lesions to a severe) has been reported by people with convulsion, high blood pressure, epilepsy, ill-defined disorder, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from Stevens johnson syndrome 27,899 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 135 people reported to have side effects when taking Glutathione. Among them, 4 people (2.96%) have Stevens Johnson Syndrome.
Time on Glutathione when people have Stevens johnson syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Stevens johnson syndrome when taking Glutathione * :
|Stevens johnson syndrome||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Stevens johnson syndrome when taking Glutathione * :
|Stevens johnson syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Stevens johnson syndrome when taking Glutathione ** :
How people recovered from Stevens johnson syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hepatitis b (2 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Thymopentin (2 people, 50.00%)
- Diammonium glycyrrhizinate (2 people, 50.00%)
- Bicyclol (2 people, 50.00%)
- Glycyrrhizinic acid (2 people, 50.00%)
- Phosphatidylcholine (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stevens Johnson Syndrome while taking Glutathione?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Glutathione and have Stevens Johnson Syndrome
- support group for people who take Glutathione
- support group for people who have Stevens Johnson Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i connect by email with other patients that have hypoglycemia and stevens-johnson syndrome? (1 answer)
I have had hypoglycemia since childhood, and I have managed it easily until just this weekend. I got S-J two years ago from Bactrim. As I have healed from S-J very slowly and painfully, I was exercising hard, and working hard and slipped a little on not eating enough protein. I started dropping into sugar blackouts and it scared the crap out of me! Still working at being able to eat enough to straighten out low sugar levels. Any suggestions helpful, Thanks, Leann
- How to overcome sleep disorder fr sjs ?
My husband is recovering fr sjs and is facing sleep disorder since one month ago. Pls help us..
- Why im having cramps and a feeling of something hard to my breathing. i feel heavy in my chest . i started this feeling when i take glutathione. please help me.. do i need to continue taking it?
Please advice me about my condition. I really need your answers. I want to make it sure if im safe taking glutathione having this kind of effects in my body. What should i do and what should i take.im taking glutathione because i want my skin to whiten.
- Why i feel itchy if consume glutathione and have rash, how to cure it (1 answer)
after first taking of glutathione reduced form, i feel itchy and rash over my body, its like eczema, and that i stop it, and the itchy still there for about 2 months even i didnt take glutathione anymore
- Can i take diapam/diazepam if i have steven johnson syndrome?
Just wanna know what painkillers i can take with my syndrome,i take lot of tatttoos to sensitive spot so a little painkiller would be nice then.
More questions for: Glutathione, Stevens johnson syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Aleve and erythema multiforme
I started exercising (walking outside)and due to sore knees I started taking Aleve. Within days I developed blisters on my chest, back, face, and inside my mouth. Mouth blisters were severe enough that I could only consume liquids. After 7-10 days the blisters scabbed over. This occurred three times within a two month period, the last time I had blisters around my eyes with physician concern of eye involvement but it did not happen. During the second round I went to a dermatologist and he determined that I had Erythema Multiforme and the cause was either a strep throat or Aleve. A second opinion determined it was Aleve partly because strep throat is not normally associated with EM. I have stopped taking Aleve and am EM free for 15 months.
- Stevens johnson syndrome- flagyl for h.pylori (1 response)
Diagnosed with h.pylori with positive blood work and breath-test.
Started 7 day course of Amoxycillin and Flagyl .
On day 7, developed symptoms- large red 2inch hives on legs, extreme frontal headache , pressure behind eyes, pink eye, pain in eyes, sore throat, very slight fever and body ache. Last dose of Flagyl and Amoxycillin was not taken. Symptoms disappeared after 48 hours.
Abdominal pain returned after month.
Started 2nd treatment to eradicate h.pylori. After 3rd dose of Tetracyline and Flagyl, developed same Stevens Johnsons symptoms --large hives, low grade fever, eye pain and redness, extreme headache, pressure behind eyes, sore throat and feeling of impending doom. Stopped taking antibiotics, symptoms disappeared in 48 hours.
Evaluation- I am extremely allergic to Flagyl. I required allergy testing to determine which antibiotics I can safely take in the future.
More reviews for: Glutathione, Stevens johnson syndrome
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have had this rash with severe itching and diagnosed as erythema multiforme minor for about two weeks. It started with my palms feeling red and itchy and progressed to scalp,face,forearms,calves and a bit on thighs and waiste. I have been taking the hydroxyzine since the diagnosis, usually only at ...
- I am recovering from reconstructive facial surgery and fat transfer due to the loss of subcutaneous fat loss. I am waiting for authorization to have surgery for the injury of my buttocks. I have Doctor reports confirming Celebrex is the cause for all my injuries.
- I'm currently 19 years old, and I've been on generic Zoloft 50 mg (AKA sertraline) since I was 13 due to anxiety attacks after the death of my sister. At first it didn't help much, but I kept with it to see if it would eventually help me. I started having bad anxiety again at 15 and was bumped up to ...
- Attempting to find out what is causing my rash. Was off all supplements for a week with no change. Off of Tamoxifen for one week no change. Where had radiation 1 1/2 year ago area was red. & hot this morning. Calmed down later in day. Rash from neck to knees including arms.
- I have taken 5 dozes of glutathione for skin whitening. I took 4 shots of 900 mg and then 1 shot of 1200 mg. After I took the 1200 mg, about a month later, I started getting black marks on the back of my neck. Now it has spread to the front of my neck and also on my arms and thighs. How can I get th ...
More related studies for: Glutathione, Stevens johnson syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.