Review: could Grapefruit cause Diarrhea?
Summary: Diarrhea is reported only by a few people who take Grapefruit.
We study 59 people who have side effects while taking Grapefruit from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Grapefruit and have Diarrhea >>>
Grapefruit has active ingredients of grapefruit. (latest outcomes from 86 Grapefruit users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,351 Diarrhea patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 59 people reported to have side effects when taking Grapefruit. Among them, 4 people (6.78%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Grapefruit when people have Diarrhea * :
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Grapefruit * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Grapefruit * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Grapefruit ** :
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Arthralgia (3 people, 75.00%)
- Joint swelling (3 people, 75.00%)
- Renal failure chronic (3 people, 75.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 50.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Grapefruit juice (3 people, 75.00%)
- Chelation therapy (3 people, 75.00%)
- Colchicine (3 people, 75.00%)
- Wellbutrin sr (2 people, 50.00%)
- Klonopin (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of grapefruit and diarrhea on
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Grapefruit?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Grapefruit and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Grapefruit
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Magnesium for a 59-year old woman with Hypomagnesemia. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 53-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Cyclogyl for a 52-year old woman with Eye Redness. The patient has Diarrhoea
- A study of drug interactions between Ditropan, Macrodantin for a 62-year old woman with Paraplegia, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Diarrhoea, Abdominal Cramps
Recent Grapefruit related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.