Review: could Guanfacine hydrochloride cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is reported only by a few people who take Guanfacine hydrochloride.
We study 344 people who have side effects while taking Guanfacine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Guanfacine hydrochloride and have Tinnitus >>>
Guanfacine hydrochloride has active ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 422 Guanfacine hydrochloride users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,273 Tinnitus patients)
On Apr, 21, 2015: 344 people reported to have side effects when taking Guanfacine hydrochloride. Among them, 4 people (1.16%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Guanfacine hydrochloride when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Guanfacine hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Guanfacine hydrochloride * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Guanfacine hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (3 people, 75.00%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 25.00%)
- Nervousness (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Moxifloxacin hydrochloride (3 people, 75.00%)
- Docusate (3 people, 75.00%)
- Placebo (3 people, 75.00%)
- Metamucil (2 people, 50.00%)
- Clonazepam (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Guanfacine hydrochloride and tinnitus on
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Guanfacine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Guanfacine hydrochloride and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Guanfacine hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Guanfacine hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Intuniv, Pine for a 12-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Adderall, Intuniv, Concerta for a 36-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Concerta, Intuniv, Strattera, Vyvanse, Adderall for a 19-year old boy who has Inattentive
- Comparions of Resporal, Intuniv for a 6-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Abilify, Tenex, Focalin Xr for a 10-year old boy who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.