Home > Haldol > Dysphagia > Haldol and Dysphagia
Review: could Haldol cause Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulty)?
We study 9,417 people who have side effects while taking Haldol from FDA and social media. Among them, 235 have Dysphagia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dysphagia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Haldol and have Dysphagia >>>
Haldol (latest outcomes from 9,639 users) has active ingredients of haloperidol. It is often used in schizophrenia.
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) (latest reports from 250,955 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 9,415 people reported to have side effects when taking Haldol. Among them, 235 people (2.50%) have Dysphagia.
Time on Haldol when people have Dysphagia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dysphagia when taking Haldol * :
Age of people who have Dysphagia when taking Haldol * :
Severity of Dysphagia when taking Haldol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dysphagia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (33 people, 14.04%)
- Depression (24 people, 10.21%)
- Agitation (17 people, 7.23%)
- Multiple myeloma (13 people, 5.53%)
- Psychotic disorder (10 people, 4.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (57 people, 24.26%)
- Aspirin (57 people, 24.26%)
- Zoloft (55 people, 23.40%)
- Aredia (52 people, 22.13%)
- Zyprexa (50 people, 21.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dysphagia while taking Haldol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Haldol and have Dysphagia
- support group for people who take Haldol
- support group for people who have Dysphagia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
Depression, feeling isolated, experiencing neusea, vomiting, feeling anxious sometimes and angry, being suspicious about the people.
From this study (3 days ago):
i have never had this problem before. i smoked marijuana on 2 separate occasions where i got very pale, blue lips, cold sweats, belching, bloated stomach, dizziness, vision gone, and could barely hear. it starts with difficulty swallowing and heavy breathing that leads into the panic. the second time was worst than the first and came back in waves. the first time it happened once and it was over.
From this study (3 days ago):
Can only eat bland food, triggers hoarseness swallowing problems mucus in throat and a feeling of lump in the throat was thinking if it was the hormones from the mirena coil that was causing this.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What are effects of psychiatric medications on milk thistle?
I have schizophrenia and I take all the modern drugs to combat - including haldol, risperidone, and generic seroquel. I was just wondering because of a bloated stomach would milk thistle interact with these medications. I just heard it was good for you. 'educated theory', non-publicized by me, both ...
- How do you overcome difficulty swallowing. with avapro
I have been taking AVAPRO for about five years. There is a lot of difficulty swallowing, I just switch amlodipne and have the same problem.
Any ideas what would be an alternative to these 2 drugs or what you can do to relief this.
I have read that taking daily aspirin and vitamin C can cause this. ...
- Is my ridiculitis drug induced
I have excruciating leg, thigh,and foot pain. My feet can tingle and go numb. I have had anepisode or two where I could not feel my feet.
More questions for: Haldol, Dysphagia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- Relapsing schizophrenia
I had a schizophrenic episode and recovered and stopped taking my meds....3 years later i had the utmost devastating relapse...this time its overbeared my family.i'm overwhelmed with emotion here around the upcoming holidays because i just want to b with my family and i cant go home till i'm better. ...
More reviews for: Haldol, Dysphagia
On eHealthMe, Haldol (haloperidol) is often used for schizophrenia. Find out below the conditions Haldol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Haldol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (2 hours ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- (3 Carboxy2 Hydroxypropyl) Trimethylammonium Hydroxide Inner Salt
- Vaginal Burning Sensation
- Ortho Novum 1/50 28