Home > Haldol > Dysphagia > Haldol and Dysphagia
Review: could Haldol cause Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulty)?
Summary: Dysphagia is found among people who take Haldol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 9,417 people who have side effects while taking Haldol from FDA and social media. Among them, 235 have Dysphagia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dysphagia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Haldol and have Dysphagia >>>
Haldol (latest outcomes from 9,641 users) has active ingredients of haloperidol. It is often used in schizophrenia.
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) (latest reports from 36,324 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 9,417 people reported to have side effects when taking Haldol. Among them, 235 people (2.50%) have Dysphagia.
Time on Haldol when people have Dysphagia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dysphagia when taking Haldol * :
Age of people who have Dysphagia when taking Haldol * :
Severity of Dysphagia when taking Haldol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dysphagia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (33 people, 14.04%)
- Depression (24 people, 10.21%)
- Agitation (17 people, 7.23%)
- Multiple myeloma (13 people, 5.53%)
- Psychotic disorder (10 people, 4.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (57 people, 24.26%)
- Aspirin (57 people, 24.26%)
- Zoloft (55 people, 23.40%)
- Aredia (52 people, 22.13%)
- Zyprexa (50 people, 21.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dysphagia while taking Haldol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Haldol and have Dysphagia
- support group for people who take Haldol
- support group for people who have Dysphagia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What are effects of psychiatric medications on milk thistle?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Tardive Dyskinesia, and takes Haloperidol)
I have schizophrenia and I take all the modern drugs to combat - including haldol, risperidone, and generic seroquel. I was just wondering because of a bloated stomach would milk thistle interact with these medications. I just heard it was good for you. 'educated theory', non-publicized by me, both ...
- How do you overcome difficulty swallowing. with avapro
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Impaired Swallowing, Difficulty Swallowing, and takes Avapro, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have been taking AVAPRO for about five years. There is a lot of difficulty swallowing, I just switch amlodipne and have the same problem.
Any ideas what would be an alternative to these 2 drugs or what you can do to relief this.
I have read that taking daily aspirin and vitamin C can cause this. ...
- Is my ridiculitis drug induced
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ridiculitis, Bipolar Disorder, Tourette Syndrome, Generalized Tonic-clonic Seizure, Anxiety Disorder, and takes Haldol, Depakote Er, Paxil, Valium)
I have excruciating leg, thigh,and foot pain. My feet can tingle and go numb. I have had anepisode or two where I could not feel my feet.
- Can anybody find me one medication for during the day?
(Asked by a 23 year old man who has Hypotension, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Schizophrenia, and takes Divalproex, Haldol, Metoprolol Tartrate)
Im trying to get to where i don't to take so many pills in the mourning. It would be nice if i could take one pill. But i know that want happen. I want one pill for my mood, hypertension, and the schizophrenia...If anybody can help me out it would be mostly appreciated.
- Was i over medicated after heart surgery? currently suffering from brain encephalopathy.
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Aortic Valve Replacement, Diabetetes, Bypass Surgery - Heart, Seizures, and takes Precedex, Haldol, Ativan, Depakote, Coumadin, Metformin, Januvia, Digoxin)
More questions for: Haldol, Dysphagia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Psychosis, Bipolar, and takes Zoloft, Klonopin, Haldol)
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- Relapsing schizophrenia
(Posted by a 30 year old man who has Paranoid Schizophrenia, and takes Haldol)
I had a schizophrenic episode and recovered and stopped taking my meds....3 years later i had the utmost devastating relapse...this time its overbeared my family.i'm overwhelmed with emotion here around the upcoming holidays because i just want to b with my family and i cant go home till i'm better. ...
More reviews for: Haldol, Dysphagia
- A study of side effects of Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Rapid Heart Beat, Swallowing Difficulty, Rapid Deep Breathing (hyperventilation)
Comments: i have never had this problem before. i smoked marijuana on 2 separate occasions where i got very pale, blue lips, cold sweats, belching, bloated stomach, dizziness, vision gone, and could barely hear. it starts with difficulty swallowing and heavy breathing that leads into the panic. the second tim ...
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
Comments: I had been taking Zoloft for approximately two weeks. Within a week, I started having difficulty swallowing. Felt like something lodge in throat. I have been off the medication for approximately 2 days, and the symptoms have decreased but not fully.
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Fentanyl for a patient with Pain. The patient has Itching, Sweating Increased, Swallowing Difficulty, Stomach Pain
Comments: I have been on transdermal fentanyl for five years. I got up to 100mcg/72 hours. I tried to wean down to get off the fentanyl patches and got down to 25 mcg. but had to increase to 50 mcg. due to pain. I have many allergies and cannot take proton pump inhibitors, Benadryl, or nausea medicines. I ha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Latuda, Risperidone, Depakote, Haldol for a patient with Bipolar Mania. The patient has Raised Ammonia Levels Depressed, Mind Stuck, Raised Ammonia Levels. Psycosis, Raised Ammonia Levels. Psycosis, Beame Jaundice. Miss Diagnosed For Hep C.
Comments: Haldol caused jaundice and diagnosed with hep c. After many tests and off haldol specialists said it was false positive. Risperadol and depakote raised ammonia levels. Causing psychotic episode s.latuda caused raised ammonia levels, and also, risperdone had me near obeasity! Have I bbeen misdiagnose ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Droperidol, Haloperidol for a patient with Dystonia, Psychosis, Schizophrenia Simple. The patient has Sphincter Of Oddi Dysfunction, Muscle Weakness, Balance Disorder, Cramps - Leg, Clumsiness, Insomnia
Comments: I was diagnosed with MND IN 2012. Changed to Functional Disorder in 2013. Changed to Tardive Dystonia in 2014.
None of these diagnoses fit. I have had 2 EMG's of which I obtained a copy of the results ad. The first one does indicate MND, but there was no further deterioration. Therefore it was ...
More related studies for: Haldol, Dysphagia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.