Review: could Haldol cause Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulty)?
Summary: Dysphagia is found among people who take Haldol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 9,417 people who have side effects while taking Haldol from FDA and social media. Among them, 235 have Dysphagia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dysphagia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Haldol and have Dysphagia >>>
Haldol has active ingredients of haloperidol. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from Haldol 9,641 users)
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression.(latest reports from Dysphagia 36,324 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 9,417 people reported to have side effects when taking Haldol. Among them, 235 people (2.50%) have Dysphagia.
Time on Haldol when people have Dysphagia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dysphagia when taking Haldol * :
Age of people who have Dysphagia when taking Haldol * :
Severity of Dysphagia when taking Haldol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dysphagia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (33 people, 14.04%)
- Depression (24 people, 10.21%)
- Agitation (17 people, 7.23%)
- Multiple myeloma (13 people, 5.53%)
- Psychotic disorder (10 people, 4.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (57 people, 24.26%)
- Aspirin (57 people, 24.26%)
- Zoloft (55 people, 23.40%)
- Aredia (52 people, 22.13%)
- Zyprexa (50 people, 21.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dysphagia while taking Haldol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Haldol and have Dysphagia
- support group for people who take Haldol
- support group for people who have Dysphagia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Haldol, Dysphagia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- Relapsing schizophrenia
I had a schizophrenic episode and recovered and stopped taking my meds....3 years later i had the utmost devastating relapse...this time its overbeared my family.i'm overwhelmed with emotion here around the upcoming holidays because i just want to b with my family and i cant go home till i'm better...it takes alot of support from my family to help me see things clearly,ive noticed i behave more normally when i live with my mother than i do with my family..i dint understand y a disease like this even exists..to b tortured by ur own mind it terrible .n then to deal with the things uve said or done while being in that scary hallucinating world of deception..God bless all of us that has this illness ..God has been my rock thru out this ordeal
More reviews for: Haldol, Dysphagia
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Swallowing Difficulty- Feels as though muscles may be uncoordinated on one side of the throat, or muscles are too tight and causing pressure on throat. Have had this problem on and off for about 3 years. It is a mild discomfort that can be temporarily relieved by stretch the muscles on the left side ...
- i have never had this problem before. i smoked marijuana on 2 separate occasions where i got very pale, blue lips, cold sweats, belching, bloated stomach, dizziness, vision gone, and could barely hear. it starts with difficulty swallowing and heavy breathing that leads into the panic. the second tim ...
- I had been taking Zoloft for approximately two weeks. Within a week, I started having difficulty swallowing. Felt like something lodge in throat. I have been off the medication for approximately 2 days, and the symptoms have decreased but not fully.
- I have been on transdermal fentanyl for five years. I got up to 100mcg/72 hours. I tried to wean down to get off the fentanyl patches and got down to 25 mcg. but had to increase to 50 mcg. due to pain. I have many allergies and cannot take proton pump inhibitors, Benadryl, or nausea medicines. I ha ...
- Haldol caused jaundice and diagnosed with hep c. After many tests and off haldol specialists said it was false positive. Risperadol and depakote raised ammonia levels. Causing psychotic episode s.latuda caused raised ammonia levels, and also, risperdone had me near obeasity! Have I bbeen misdiagnose ...
More related studies for: Haldol, Dysphagia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.