Review: could Haldol cause Marijuana abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Marijuana abuse is found among people who take Haldol, especially for people who are male, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 9,421 people who have side effects while taking Haldol from FDA and social media. Among them, 47 have Marijuana abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Marijuana abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Haldol and have Marijuana abuse >>>
Haldol has active ingredients of haloperidol. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from 9,645 Haldol users)
Marijuana abuse has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 10,560 Marijuana abuse patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 9,421 people reported to have side effects when taking Haldol. Among them, 47 people (0.50%) have Marijuana Abuse.
Time on Haldol when people have Marijuana abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Marijuana abuse||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Marijuana abuse when taking Haldol * :
|Marijuana abuse||33.93%||66.07% |
Age of people who have Marijuana abuse when taking Haldol * :
|Marijuana abuse||0.00%||0.00%||1.85%||37.04%||33.33%||22.22%||1.85%||3.70% |
Severity of Marijuana abuse when taking Haldol ** :
How people recovered from Marijuana abuse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (13 people, 27.66%)
- Bipolar disorder (9 people, 19.15%)
- Depression (8 people, 17.02%)
- Schizophrenia (7 people, 14.89%)
- Agitation (6 people, 12.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (27 people, 57.45%)
- Risperdal (22 people, 46.81%)
- Ativan (18 people, 38.30%)
- Cogentin (15 people, 31.91%)
- Trazodone hcl (15 people, 31.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Marijuana Abuse while taking Haldol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Haldol and have Marijuana Abuse
- support group for people who take Haldol
- support group for people who have Marijuana Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Haloperidol for a 35-year old man with Schizophrenia. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Haldol for a 56-year old man with Depression, Schizophrenia. The patient has Weak Dizzy Pale
- A study of side effects of Cocaine Plant for a 26-year old man with Cocaine Abuse. The patient has Cocaine Abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Haldol, Celexa, Seroquel Xr, Cogentin for a 31-year old woman with Schizoaffective Disorder. The patient has Numbness And Tingling, Muscle Rigidity, Fatigue, Insomnia, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of side effects of Accutane for a 20-year old man with Acne. The patient has Depression, Impulsive Behaviour, Delusional Perception, Drug Abuse, Aggression Aggravated
Recent Haldol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Haldol, Invega Sustenna for a 33-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Strattera, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Haldol, Invega Sustenna, Lithium Carbonate for a 20-year old man who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Haldol, Celexa, Seroquel Xr, Saphris for a 36-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Sensipar, Phoslo, Haldol for a 61-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.