From FDA reports: Haldol and Marijuana abuse
This is a study of Marijuana abuse (Drug abuse) among people who take Haldol. The study analyzes: the time on Haldol when people have Marijuana abuse, gender and age of these people, the severity of Marijuana abuse, how they recovered, and common conditions and drugs used besides Haldol. In total 8,994 Haldol users are studied. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and is updated regularly.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
Haldol has active ingredients of haloperidol. It is used in schizophrenia, psychosis, stress and anxiety, bipolar i disorder, agitation. Commonly reported side effects of Haldol include diabetes, type 2 diabetes, agitation, fever, fatigue.
Marijuana abuse has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, drug abuse, pain, depression, back pain.
On Jun, 18, 2013: 8,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Haldol. Among them, 41 people (0.46%) have Marijuana Abuse.
Time on Haldol when people have Marijuana abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Marijuana abuse||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Marijuana abuse when taking Haldol * :
|Marijuana abuse||39.58%||60.42% |
Age of people who have Marijuana abuse when taking Haldol * :
|Marijuana abuse||0.00%||0.00%||2.17%||34.78%||30.43%||26.09%||2.17%||4.35% |
Severity of Marijuana abuse when taking Haldol ** :
How people recovered from Marijuana abuse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (13 people, 31.71%)
- Bipolar disorder (9 people, 21.95%)
- Depression (8 people, 19.51%)
- Schizophrenia (7 people, 17.07%)
- Agitation (6 people, 14.63%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (27 people, 65.85%)
- Risperdal (22 people, 53.66%)
- Ativan (18 people, 43.90%)
- Cogentin (15 people, 36.59%)
- Abilify (14 people, 34.15%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
(If the study does not answer your question, use Personalized Q&A)
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: check whether marijuana abuse is from a drug or a condition
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Haldol (haloperidol) is often used for schizophrenia. Find out below the conditions Haldol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Haldol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Haldol side effects from A to Z:
Browse Haldol drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Lecithin Phosphatidylserine, Milk Thistle, Gabapentin for a 53-year old woman who has Nervous System Disorder, Liver Function Test Abnormal, Anticonvulsant Drug Level Below Therapeutic (5 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 6-year old girl who has Allergy (12 minutes ago)
- Tofranil for a 59-year old woman who has Depression (19 minutes ago)
- Wellbutrin Xl for a 56-year old man who has Depression (28 minutes ago)
- Metaxalone, Ibuprofen for a 18-year old girl who has Back Pain (29 minutes ago)
- Levothyroxine Sodium, Fortesta, Crestor for a 40-year old man who has Thyroid Disorder, Low T, Cholesterol (34 minutes ago)
- Methotrexate for a 51-year old woman who has Arthritis - Rheumatoid (44 minutes ago)
- Remeron, Lamictal, Metformin, Lisinopril for a 32-year old woman who has Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Polycystic Ovaries, High Blood Pressure (47 minutes ago)
- Flomax for a 68-year old man who has Bph (58 minutes ago)
- Celexa, Vicodin Hp for a 32-year old woman who has Depression, Arthritis (1 hour ago)