Review: could Haldol cause Pruritus (Itching)?
Summary: Pruritus is found among people who take Haldol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Percocet, and have Pain.
We study 9,420 people who have side effects while taking Haldol from FDA and social media. Among them, 88 have Pruritus. Find out below who they are, when they have Pruritus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Haldol and have Pruritus >>>
Haldol has active ingredients of haloperidol. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from 9,645 Haldol users)
Pruritus (severe itching of the skin) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 90,870 Pruritus patients)
On Feb, 25, 2015: 9,420 people reported to have side effects when taking Haldol. Among them, 88 people (0.93%) have Pruritus.
Time on Haldol when people have Pruritus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pruritus when taking Haldol * :
Age of people who have Pruritus when taking Haldol * :
Severity of Pruritus when taking Haldol ** :
How people recovered from Pruritus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (12 people, 13.64%)
- Hypertension (9 people, 10.23%)
- Breast cancer (8 people, 9.09%)
- Constipation (6 people, 6.82%)
- Nausea (6 people, 6.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Percocet (15 people, 17.05%)
- Valium (15 people, 17.05%)
- Ativan (15 people, 17.05%)
- Compazine (15 people, 17.05%)
- Aspirin (14 people, 15.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of haldol and pruritus on
Do you have Pruritus while taking Haldol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Haldol and have Pruritus
- support group for people who take Haldol
- support group for people who have Pruritus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 70-year old man with Itching. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Acidophilus Lactobacillus, Benicar Hct for a 58-year old woman with Bowel Movement Irregularity, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled. The patient has Back Pain, Nausea, Leg Cramping, Tongue Irritation, Insomnia, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Xanax, Zoloft, Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix for a 64-year old woman with Total Cholesterol, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hyperthyroidism, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Haldol for a 56-year old man with Depression, Schizophrenia. The patient has Weak Dizzy Pale
Recent Haldol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Haldol, Invega Sustenna for a 33-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Strattera, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Haldol, Invega Sustenna, Lithium Carbonate for a 20-year old man who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Haldol, Celexa, Seroquel Xr, Saphris for a 36-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Sensipar, Phoslo, Haldol for a 61-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Haldol for a 57-year old man who has Hypothyroidism
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.