Hctz and Fluid overload - from FDA reports
Fluid overload is found among people who take Hctz, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Folic Acid, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Fluid overload with Hctz. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,395 people who have side effects when taking Hctz from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 01, 2017
10,395 people reported to have side effects when taking Hctz.
Among them, 16 people (0.15%) have Fluid overload
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Fluid overload when taking Hctz *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Fluid overload when taking Hctz *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 7.14 %
- 60+: 92.86 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (5 people, 31.25%)
- Urinary Incontinence (4 people, 25.00%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (4 people, 25.00%)
- Hot Flush (4 people, 25.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vesicare (4 people, 25.00%)
- Prempro (4 people, 25.00%)
- Pantoprazole (4 people, 25.00%)
- Methotrexate (4 people, 25.00%)
- Folic Acid (4 people, 25.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fluid Retention (6 people, 37.50%)
- Oedema Peripheral (5 people, 31.25%)
- Weakness (4 people, 25.00%)
- Gait Disturbance (4 people, 25.00%)
- Breathing Difficulty (4 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Fluid overload when taking Hctz?
- Check symptoms - is fluid overload caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFluid overload and drugs with ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFluid overload and Hctz from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Hctz has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Hctz 11,219 users)
Fluid overload (too much fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, chronic kidney disease, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure (latest reports from 13,659 Fluid overload patients).
Browse all side effects of Hctza b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Fluid overloadFluid overload
Could your condition cause Fluid overloadFluid overload
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I want to lose some weight (about 40 pounds). I have essential hypertension, chronic kidney disease (no dialysis, no medication), and occasional gout for which I take Allopurinol. I have a new bottle of Garcinia Cambogia and want to know if it will have any adverse interaction with the drugs I ...
User reviews to the study
I'm a first time CLL patient. I started treatment 12/2/14 with RB (Rituximab + Bendamustine)for 3 treatments and then develop a 0.3 ANC (absolute neutrophil count). My 4th treatment was Bendamustine (alone) no Rituximab. My 5th treatment was Fludarabine and Rituximab that ended 12 June 2015. ...
hello everyone, I joined this group because I have a rare muscle disease that causes me to go in the hospital quite often for rabdo , when this happens I must be hospitalized and given a lot of fluid to prevent kidney failure there has been several occasions that they have given me to much ...