Home > Herceptin > Peripheral sensory neuropathy > Herceptin and Peripheral sensory neuropathy
Review: could Herceptin cause Peripheral sensory neuropathy?
Summary: Peripheral sensory neuropathy is found among people who take Herceptin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Paclitaxel, and have Breast cancer.
We study 10,352 people who have side effects while taking Herceptin from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Peripheral sensory neuropathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Peripheral sensory neuropathy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Herceptin and have Peripheral sensory neuropathy >>>
Herceptin (latest outcomes from 10,448 users) has active ingredients of trastuzumab. It is often used in breast cancer.
Peripheral sensory neuropathy
Peripheral sensory neuropathy (damage to one or more of your peripheral nerves) (latest reports from 11,024 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, breast cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 10,352 people reported to have side effects when taking Herceptin. Among them, 15 people (0.14%) have Peripheral Sensory Neuropathy.
Time on Herceptin when people have Peripheral sensory neuropathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Peripheral sensory neuropathy||75.00%||12.50%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Peripheral sensory neuropathy when taking Herceptin * :
|Peripheral sensory neuropathy||87.50%||12.50% |
Age of people who have Peripheral sensory neuropathy when taking Herceptin * :
|Peripheral sensory neuropathy||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||21.05%||21.05%||36.84%||21.05% |
Severity of Peripheral sensory neuropathy when taking Herceptin ** :
How people recovered from Peripheral sensory neuropathy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (11 people, 73.33%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (5 people, 33.33%)
- Gastric cancer (2 people, 13.33%)
- Neoplasm malignant (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paclitaxel (12 people, 80.00%)
- Cyclophosphamide (7 people, 46.67%)
- Doxorubicin hcl (6 people, 40.00%)
- Tamoxifen citrate (4 people, 26.67%)
- Leucovorin calcium (3 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Citations of the study:
Do you have Peripheral Sensory Neuropathy while taking Herceptin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Herceptin and have Peripheral Sensory Neuropathy
- support group for people who take Herceptin
- support group for people who have Peripheral Sensory Neuropathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Should a 66-year-old with paroxysmal atrial tachycardia (pat) take herceptin for 6 months instread of 12 months?
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Carcinoma - Ductal, Breast Cancer Her2+, Non-metastatic, and takes Carboplatin, Taxotere, Herceptin)
My concern is the potential for cardiac damage from taking Herceptin. The research on Herceptin for highly HER2 positive breast cancer seems less than clear that 12 months of treatment has truly significant benefit over 6 months. With a pre-existing heart condition of PAT (rx metoprolol) and also hi ...
- Is anyone suffering from a combination of illnesses like me?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Depression, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Arthritis, Peripheral Sensory Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, and takes Gabapentin, Prozac, Cymbalta, Bystolic, Naproxen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lyrica)
I am 50 years old and have been suffering from these aliments the majority of my life. outside of the mild side affects of the meds, I have been able to work fulltime, and go to school online. I recently obtained my associates in business management and I'm working on my bachelors in international ...
- Can herceptin be the cause of back pain
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Breast Cancer Female, and takes Herceptin)
I am having chronic back pain, could this be related to Herceptin?
- Does the chemo drug, xeloda, raise blood sugar in diabetics?
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Breast Cancer Metastatic, Breast Cancer Her2+, and takes Xeloda, Herceptin)
I have Diabetes Type II. Do the two cancer drugs above - Herceptin and Xeloda - raise my blood sugar? My glucose levels are consistently high since starting these two drugs.
More questions for: Herceptin, Peripheral sensory neuropathy
More reviews for: Herceptin, Peripheral sensory neuropathy
- A study of side effects of Herceptin for a patient with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Diabetes
Comments: Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatment
- A study of drug interactions between Anastrozole, Herceptin for a patient with Cancer - Breast, Breast Cancer Her2+. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Comments: Still getting Herceptin after 7 months. Will be finished in March 2015. Began taking the Anastrozole in June of 2014 and will be taking this medication for five years. Two weeks ago started waking up in the middle of the night with numbness and tingling sensation in hands and fingers. It is uncom ...
- A study of drug interactions between Irbesartan, Femara, Herceptin for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Hypertension Aggravated
Comments: Also take a liver tonic, kidney tonic, dandelion, Vitamin B, Calcium tablet, vitamin E, vitamin, multivitamin, fish oil, curcumin and selenium. Drink green tea and dandelion tea and liver detox tea.
- A study of side effects of Herceptin for a patient with Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Itching
Comments: I've been on Herceptin 10 months. About 2 months ago, I started having sudden bouts of intense itchy skin that I cannot tolerate. It affects different places on my body; arms, chest, neck, back, legs, just about anywhere, and usually more than one place at same time. I generally wipe with a cool was ...
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Iron EDTA, Vitamin E, Biotin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Prilosec Otc, Celexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Herceptin, Cytoxan, Taxotere for a patient with Neuropathy, Prophylaxis, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Depression, Breast Cancer Her2+, Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Blackheads
Comments: Post - chemo skin is heavily laden with blackheads, which were not present before or during chemo. Herceptin is still an active treatment.
More related studies for: Herceptin, Peripheral sensory neuropathy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.