Herceptin and Peripheral sensory neuropathy - from FDA reports
Peripheral sensory neuropathy is found among people who take Herceptin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Paclitaxel, and have Breast cancer metastatic. This review analyzes which people have Peripheral sensory neuropathy with Herceptin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,398 people who have side effects when taking Herceptin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 18, 2017
19,398 people reported to have side effects when taking Herceptin.
Among them, 37 people (0.19%) have Peripheral sensory neuropathy
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Herceptin when people have Peripheral sensory neuropathy *:
- < 1 month: 31.25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 6.25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 18.75 %
- 1 - 2 years: 43.75 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Peripheral sensory neuropathy when taking Herceptin *:
- female: 96.88 %
- male: 3.12 %
Age of people who have Peripheral sensory neuropathy when taking Herceptin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 16.67 %
- 40-49: 30.0 %
- 50-59: 43.33 %
- 60+: 10.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (9 people, 24.32%)
- Stress And Anxiety (2 people, 5.41%)
- Muscle Aches (2 people, 5.41%)
- Agranulocytosis (2 people, 5.41%)
- Hyperchlorhydria (1 person, 2.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Paclitaxel (11 people, 29.73%)
- Xeloda (9 people, 24.32%)
- Taxol (9 people, 24.32%)
- Oxaliplatin (8 people, 21.62%)
- Arimidex (8 people, 21.62%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Peripheral Motor Neuropathy (16 people, 43.24%)
- Fatigue (12 people, 32.43%)
- Nausea (10 people, 27.03%)
- High Blood Pressure (10 people, 27.03%)
- Ejection Fraction Decreased (10 people, 27.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Peripheral sensory neuropathy when taking Herceptin?
- Check symptoms - is peripheral sensory neuropathy caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Herceptin has active ingredients of trastuzumab. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Herceptin 19,669 users)
Peripheral sensory neuropathy
Peripheral sensory neuropathy (damage to one or more of your peripheral nerves) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, breast cancer, preventive health care, high blood pressure, breast cancer metastatic (latest reports from 3,452 Peripheral sensory neuropathy patients).