Review: could Humalog cause Burning sensation?
Summary: Burning sensation is found among people who take Humalog, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Lantus, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 30,094 people who have side effects while taking Humalog from FDA and social media. Among them, 118 have Burning sensation. Find out below who they are, when they have Burning sensation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Humalog and have Burning sensation >>>
Humalog has active ingredients of insulin lispro recombinant. It is often used in type 1 diabetes. (latest outcomes from Humalog 30,241 users)
Burning sensation has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Burning sensation 23,167 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 30,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Humalog. Among them, 118 people (0.39%) have Burning Sensation.
Time on Humalog when people have Burning sensation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Burning sensation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Burning sensation when taking Humalog * :
|Burning sensation||63.97%||36.03% |
Age of people who have Burning sensation when taking Humalog * :
|Burning sensation||0.00%||0.83%||0.00%||0.83%||7.44%||12.40%||28.10%||50.41% |
Severity of Burning sensation when taking Humalog ** :
How people recovered from Burning sensation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (54 people, 45.76%)
- Cardiac disorder (10 people, 8.47%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (7 people, 5.93%)
- Breast cancer (7 people, 5.93%)
- Angiogram (7 people, 5.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lantus (56 people, 47.46%)
- Humulin n (33 people, 27.97%)
- Aspirin (26 people, 22.03%)
- Humulin r (25 people, 21.19%)
- Actos (16 people, 13.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Burning Sensation while taking Humalog?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Humalog and have Burning Sensation
- support group for people who take Humalog
- support group for people who have Burning Sensation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What to do on preventing hair loss -lantus & humalog user (2 answers)
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, and takes Lantus, Humalog Kwikpen)
Diagnosed at the end of June 2013. 12 year old that now have significant hair loss. Blood sugar range from 70's to 174. She is taking Biotin supplement and using shampoo and conditioner of Biotin brand. Thyroid test came back normal. Used to have thick hair- now is very thin and coming off in chunck ...
- I took keppra for seizure disorder and developed a severe rash with blisters, peeling skin, redness, fever.
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Polycythemia Rubra Vera, Type 2 Diabetes, Seizure Disorder, BiPolar Disorder, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism - Secondary, Restless Leg Syndrome, and takes Hydroxyurea, Toprol-xl, Requip, Clonazepam, ASA , Lithium Carbonate, Lantus , Humalog, Probenecid W/ Colchicine, Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium)
On April 1st I blacked out suddenly while driving my car.The neurologist said I had a seizure disorder according to findings on my EEG. Little information was given, but a prescription for 1 gram of Keppra per day was given. Immediately I became ill after taking the Keppra...nausea, vomiting, chills ...
More questions for: Humalog, Burning sensation
More reviews for: Humalog, Burning sensation
- A study of side effects of Humalog for a patient with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Insulin Resistant Diabetes
Comments: I'm on the pump and have changed my site over and over and even tried different vials. I can take a dose for 500 bs and check in an hour and it's 505. I'm continue to dose and it never goes down for days after dosing every hour. My insurance makes me use Humalog and thanks to them I feel this diseas ...
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of side effects of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression Associated With Shingles. The patient has Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination), Burning Sensation, Bladder Not Emptying
Comments: My doctor put me on Nortriptyline while I was suffering from Shingles and had severe depression, itching, and nerve pain on July 27, 2014. Today is Aug 2, 2014 and I have been having urinary bladder difficulty not emptying while going to the bathroom for about 2 weeks. The last three days have been ...
- A study of side effects of Metronidazole for a patient with Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. The patient has Burning Sensation
Comments: I had to take metronidazole 500mg tablet 2 times daily for to weeks and after taking the antibiotic I stort having chest pain a burning sensation in the middle of my stomach a sour tast in my mouth burping all day 24 hours a day
- A study of drug interactions between Neoral, Plaquenil, Rhinocort, Symbicort, Xyzal, Humira, Remicade, Lyrica, Calcium, Vitamin D, Omeprazole, Dipentum, Asacol, Pentasa, Escitalopram, Prednisone for a patient with Lupus, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma, Ulcerative Colitis, Fibromyalgia, Osteopenia, Ulcer - Stomach, Depression. The patient has Autoimmune Disorder, Joint Warmth, Asthma, Colitis Ulcerative, Burning Sensation, Burning Eyes, Burning Feet Syndrome
Comments: I had Pan ulverative colitis since 2000. two years ago had bad pain in joints, back neck. and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia
this year the dr diagnosed me as lupus
he gave me neoral since 2 months and i am not getting any better
burning sensation in hands and feet all day and night
cant s ...
More related studies for: Humalog, Burning sensation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.