Review: could Humalog cause Burning sensation?
Summary: Burning sensation is found among people who take Humalog, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Lantus, and have Diabetes.
We study 30,099 people who have side effects while taking Humalog from FDA and social media. Among them, 118 have Burning sensation. Find out below who they are, when they have Burning sensation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Humalog and have Burning sensation >>>
Humalog has active ingredients of insulin lispro recombinant. It is often used in type 1 diabetes. (latest outcomes from 30,247 Humalog users)
Burning sensation has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 23,257 Burning sensation patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 30,099 people reported to have side effects when taking Humalog. Among them, 118 people (0.39%) have Burning Sensation.
Time on Humalog when people have Burning sensation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Burning sensation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Burning sensation when taking Humalog * :
|Burning sensation||63.97%||36.03% |
Age of people who have Burning sensation when taking Humalog * :
|Burning sensation||0.00%||0.83%||0.00%||0.83%||7.44%||12.40%||28.10%||50.41% |
Severity of Burning sensation when taking Humalog ** :
How people recovered from Burning sensation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (54 people, 45.76%)
- Cardiac disorder (10 people, 8.47%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (7 people, 5.93%)
- Breast cancer (7 people, 5.93%)
- Angiogram (7 people, 5.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lantus (56 people, 47.46%)
- Humulin n (33 people, 27.97%)
- Aspirin (26 people, 22.03%)
- Humulin r (25 people, 21.19%)
- Actos (16 people, 13.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Burning Sensation while taking Humalog?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Humalog and have Burning Sensation
- support group for people who take Humalog
- support group for people who have Burning Sensation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Potassium Gluconate, Colace, Claritin, Budesonide, Perforomist, Albuterol Sulfate, Spiriva, Proair Hfa, Humalog Kwikpen, Xanax, Famotidine, Pantoprazole, Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone, Amoxicillin, Tikosyn, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Vitamin K Decreased, Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Upset Stomach, Diabetic Nephropathy, Protein C Deficiency, Post-exposure, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised, Itching, Hives, Urticaria
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Mobic, Gabapentin for a 35-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Elbow Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has Nerve Pain, High Blood Pressure, Tingling And Numbness, Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Valsartan, Janumet, Omeprazole for a 72-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Acid Reflux. The patient has Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Pravachol, Humalog, Ambien, Lamictal, Lisinopril for a 39-year old man with Hyperlipidaemia, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned), Bipolar Ii Disorder, Microalbuminuria.
- A study of drug interactions between Humalog, Pepcid, Protonix, Pancreaze for a 47-year old woman with Type 1 Diabetes, Chronic Pancreatitis. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional
Recent Humalog related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.