Review: could Humalog cause Burning sensation?
Summary: Burning sensation is found among people who take Humalog, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Lantus, and have Diabetes.
We study 30,096 people who have side effects while taking Humalog from FDA and social media. Among them, 118 have Burning sensation. Find out below who they are, when they have Burning sensation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Humalog and have Burning sensation >>>
Humalog has active ingredients of insulin lispro recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 30,243 Humalog users)
Burning sensation has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 23,254 Burning sensation patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 30,096 people reported to have side effects when taking Humalog. Among them, 118 people (0.39%) have Burning Sensation.
Time on Humalog when people have Burning sensation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Burning sensation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Burning sensation when taking Humalog * :
|Burning sensation||63.97%||36.03% |
Age of people who have Burning sensation when taking Humalog * :
|Burning sensation||0.00%||0.83%||0.00%||0.83%||7.44%||12.40%||28.10%||50.41% |
Severity of Burning sensation when taking Humalog ** :
How people recovered from Burning sensation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (54 people, 45.76%)
- Cardiac disorder (10 people, 8.47%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (7 people, 5.93%)
- Breast cancer (7 people, 5.93%)
- Angiogram (7 people, 5.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lantus (56 people, 47.46%)
- Humulin n (33 people, 27.97%)
- Aspirin (26 people, 22.03%)
- Humulin r (25 people, 21.19%)
- Actos (16 people, 13.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Burning Sensation while taking Humalog?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Humalog and have Burning Sensation
- support group for people who take Humalog
- support group for people who have Burning Sensation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Fluconazole for a 46-year old woman with Yeast Infection - Esophagus. The patient has Itching, Stomach Pain, Back Pain - Low, Burning Sensation, Swelling Of Fingers
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Neurontin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Losartan, Bydureon, Metformin, Humalog, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Pain, Gerd, Neuropathy, Hypertension, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Amphetamines Positive
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Enalapril Maleate, Seroquel for a 55-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Hypertension, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Burning Sensation, Intestinal Opening
Recent Humalog related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.