Humalog and Burning sensation - from FDA reports
Burning sensation is found among people who take Humalog, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lantus, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Burning sensation with Humalog. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,401 people who have side effects when taking Humalog from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 22, 2017
75,401 people reported to have side effects when taking Humalog.
Among them, 236 people (0.31%) have Burning sensation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Humalog when people have Burning sensation *:
- < 1 month: 25.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 25.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.5 %
- 10+ years: 12.5 %
Gender of people who have Burning sensation when taking Humalog *:
- female: 62.61 %
- male: 37.39 %
Age of people who have Burning sensation when taking Humalog *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.6 %
- 10-19: 1.2 %
- 20-29: 1.2 %
- 30-39: 5.39 %
- 40-49: 11.98 %
- 50-59: 35.93 %
- 60+: 43.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (20 people, 8.47%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (19 people, 8.05%)
- Diabetic Neuropathy (13 people, 5.51%)
- Cardiac Disorder (12 people, 5.08%)
- High Blood Pressure (10 people, 4.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lantus (106 people, 44.92%)
- Lyrica (34 people, 14.41%)
- Metformin (20 people, 8.47%)
- Lipitor (20 people, 8.47%)
- Lasix (20 people, 8.47%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Blood Glucose Increased (65 people, 27.54%)
- Pain In Extremity (46 people, 19.49%)
- Rashes (44 people, 18.64%)
- Pain (39 people, 16.53%)
- Itching (38 people, 16.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Burning sensation when taking Humalog?
- Check symptoms - is burning sensation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBurning sensation and drugs with ingredients of insulin lispro recombinant.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBurning sensation and Humalog from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Humalog has active ingredients of insulin lispro recombinant. It is often used in type 1 diabetes. (latest outcomes from Humalog 75,818 users)
Burning sensation has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 38,590 Burning sensation patients).
Browse all side effects of Humaloga b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Burning sensationBurning sensation
Could your condition cause Burning sensationBurning sensation
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have burning, pins and needle sensations throughout my body. My symptoms started in 2005 in my arms only. Over time my whole body is consumed with the symptoms. In 1996 I had a neverous breakdown and was put on 1000 mg of depakote, then I was put on lamitcal and came off it around 2011. I ...
User reviews to the study
I'm 18 days out after trying botox for crows feet. I've had horrible side effects including nausea, weakens and burning sensation in arms and hands. It seems the burning is also appearing in other parts of my body. I'm scared. When will these resolve? Will there be permanent damage? Is there any ...
I'm a female, 43 yrs old, type 2 diabetic and have been using humalog and lantus along with oral meds to help with my diabetes. I've recently started to notice that shortly after taking my humalog my heart seems to beat faster/slower and heavier. I asked about this on facebook and apparently ...