Home > Humira > Fluid retention > Humira and Fluid retention
Review: could Humira cause Fluid retention?
We study 135,962 people who have side effects while taking Humira from FDA and social media. Among them, 205 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Humira and have Fluid retention >>>
Humira (latest outcomes from 136,671 users) has active ingredients of adalimumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) (latest reports from 91,080 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 135,962 people reported to have side effects when taking Humira. Among them, 205 people (0.15%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Humira when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||45.71%||29.52%||10.48%||4.76%||8.57%||0.95%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Fluid retention when taking Humira * :
|Fluid retention||80.53%||19.47% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Humira * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.77%||13.16%||18.42%||21.49%||38.16% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Humira ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (112 people, 54.63%)
- Crohn's disease (83 people, 40.49%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 18.54%)
- Depression (31 people, 15.12%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (30 people, 14.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (61 people, 29.76%)
- Prednisone (54 people, 26.34%)
- Folic acid (52 people, 25.37%)
- Xanax (26 people, 12.68%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (23 people, 11.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Humira?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Humira and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Humira
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Humira, Fluid retention
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- Transient global amnesia
Having been on Humira for 12 months with full clearing of all symptoms of severe plaque psoriasis, I am a little unnerved by this episode. I was out clearing a substantial amount of snow from one of our decks. I remember being at the half way mark, and the next thing I remember is being on the way ...
More reviews for: Humira, Fluid retention
On eHealthMe, Humira (adalimumab) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Humira is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Humira used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Humira, Fluid retention
Recent Humira related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Humira, Fluid retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout (23 minutes ago)
- Haloperidol for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder (39 minutes ago)
- Iron Dextran, Vitamin B12, Methadone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Nuvigil for a 46-year old woman who has Anemia, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Neuropathy, Depression, Narcolepsy (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Toe Swelling
- Toe Swelling and Pain
Recent user comments
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (25 minutes ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (8 hours ago)
- Terminalia Bellirica