Review: could Humira cause Fluid retention?
Summary: Fluid retention is found among people who take Humira, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 136,027 people who have side effects while taking Humira from FDA and social media. Among them, 205 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Humira and have Fluid retention >>>
Humira has active ingredients of adalimumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 136,747 Humira users)
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 18,437 Fluid retention patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 136,027 people reported to have side effects when taking Humira. Among them, 205 people (0.15%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Humira when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||45.71%||29.52%||10.48%||4.76%||8.57%||0.95%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Fluid retention when taking Humira * :
|Fluid retention||80.53%||19.47% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Humira * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.77%||13.16%||18.42%||21.49%||38.16% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Humira ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (112 people, 54.63%)
- Crohn's disease (83 people, 40.49%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 18.54%)
- Depression (31 people, 15.12%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (30 people, 14.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (61 people, 29.76%)
- Prednisone (54 people, 26.34%)
- Folic acid (52 people, 25.37%)
- Xanax (26 people, 12.68%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (23 people, 11.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of humira and fluid retention on
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Humira?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Humira and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Humira
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Neurontin, Abilify, Lexapro, Lamictal, Humira for a 56-year old man with Acid Reflux, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Psoriasis.
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 61-year old man with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Pneumonia Bacterial
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 51-year old woman with Psoriasis. The patient has Moodiness
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 39-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Depression, Skin Graft, Eyes - Yellow, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Confusional State, Tremor
Recent Humira related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Humira, Enbrel, Sulfadiazine, Methotrexate for a 42-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Simponi, Cimzia for a 36-year old man who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Humalog, Humira for a 68-year old man who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Mercaptopurine, Humira for a 55-year old man who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Humira, Actemra for a 50-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.