Review: could Humira cause Fungal skin infection?
Summary: Fungal skin infection is found among people who take Humira, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Multi-vitamin, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 136,034 people who have side effects while taking Humira from FDA and social media. Among them, 65 have Fungal skin infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Fungal skin infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Humira and have Fungal skin infection >>>
Humira has active ingredients of adalimumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 136,747 Humira users)
Fungal skin infection
Fungal skin infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, crohn's disease. (latest reports from 1,056 Fungal skin infection patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 136,027 people reported to have side effects when taking Humira. Among them, 65 people (0.05%) have Fungal Skin Infection.
Time on Humira when people have Fungal skin infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fungal skin infection||4.17%||20.83%||50.00%||4.17%||20.83%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Fungal skin infection when taking Humira * :
|Fungal skin infection||83.67%||16.33% |
Age of people who have Fungal skin infection when taking Humira * :
|Fungal skin infection||0.00%||0.00%||4.82%||1.20%||4.82%||39.76%||18.07%||31.33% |
Severity of Fungal skin infection when taking Humira ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Fungal skin infection||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Fungal skin infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Fungal skin infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (41 people, 63.08%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (34 people, 52.31%)
- Pain (24 people, 36.92%)
- Insomnia (23 people, 35.38%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (9 people, 13.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multi-vitamin (23 people, 35.38%)
- Oxycodone hcl (22 people, 33.85%)
- Prilosec (21 people, 32.31%)
- Fish oil (20 people, 30.77%)
- Prednisone tab (20 people, 30.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of humira and fungal skin infection on
Do you have Fungal Skin Infection while taking Humira?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Humira and have Fungal Skin Infection
- support group for people who take Humira
- support group for people who have Fungal Skin Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 53-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Neurontin, Abilify, Lexapro, Lamictal, Humira for a 56-year old man with Acid Reflux, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Psoriasis.
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 61-year old man with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Pneumonia Bacterial
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 51-year old woman with Psoriasis. The patient has Moodiness
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 39-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Recent Humira related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Orencia, Humira, Enbrel for a 43-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Humira, Enbrel, Sulfadiazine, Methotrexate for a 42-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Simponi, Cimzia for a 36-year old man who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Humalog, Humira for a 68-year old man who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Mercaptopurine, Humira for a 55-year old man who has Crohn's Disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.