Review: could Humira cause Pyrexia (Fever)?
Summary: Pyrexia is found among people who take Humira, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 135,973 people who have side effects while taking Humira from FDA and social media. Among them, 5,772 have Pyrexia. Find out below who they are, when they have Pyrexia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Humira and have Pyrexia >>>
Humira has active ingredients of adalimumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Humira 136,693 users)
Pyrexia (fever) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.(latest reports from Pyrexia 168,333 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 135,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Humira. Among them, 5,772 people (4.24%) have Pyrexia.
Time on Humira when people have Pyrexia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pyrexia when taking Humira * :
Age of people who have Pyrexia when taking Humira * :
Severity of Pyrexia when taking Humira ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pyrexia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2,911 people, 50.43%)
- Crohn's disease (2,677 people, 46.38%)
- Psoriasis (724 people, 12.54%)
- Hypertension (667 people, 11.56%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (663 people, 11.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (1,667 people, 28.88%)
- Folic acid (992 people, 17.19%)
- Prednisone (857 people, 14.85%)
- Prednisolone (575 people, 9.96%)
- Prednisone tab (382 people, 6.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pyrexia while taking Humira?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Humira and have Pyrexia
- support group for people who take Humira
- support group for people who have Pyrexia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can humira be stooped while herpes outbreak
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Blood Checkw For Herpes Level, and takes Humira)
I am waiting for blood results for herpes level screeing. I am worry that they will not give me humira or it will delay first injection. Do I wil have it anyway or if virus level is too high they will not give it to me?
- Does humira adversely interact with casodex
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Prostate Cancer Recurrent, and takes Humira, Casodex)
Humira for ankalosing spondilytis and casodex for prostate cancer
- Has anyone had problems with blood work eg. elevated levels of lymphocytes?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Ankylosing Spondylitis, and takes Vitamin D, Humira)
Had further blood work done and nothing showed up? tested for viral infections mono hiv cmv toxoplasmosis all neg. surface immunophenotyping by flow cytometry done nothing there any answers here?
- Interactions between quineprox (hydroxychloroquine) &zyvox (linezolid)
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Headache, Fever, Swollen Fingers, Joint Pain, Muscle Tightness And Pain, and takes Zyvox, Cellcept)
I had foot soft tissue infection and hospitalized for two days and given IV for Cipro. Then I was released from the hospital and given Zyvox 600MG twice a day for ten days. Meanwhile, I am taking 2000 MG cellcept and 400MG Hydroxychloriquine for more than 10 years to control my lupus. Around the si ...
- What effect if i take dexamethasone and cyproheptedine?
(Asked by a 32 year old man who has Fever, and takes Paracetamol)
i take paracetamol 500 mg with chloroperamine (copastin),and some medicine related tu flue. i have some problem with my nose and i take fedac.
More questions for: Humira, Pyrexia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My friend died of sepsis while having taken humera for a year.
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Humira)
My friend said she didn't feel good but was still active until about 20 hours before her death in the ICU on a ventilator from sepsis. She was just 55. This is a horror story. People are devastated.
- Humira: my experience
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Ankylosing Spondylitis, Reiter's Syndrome, Psoriatic Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate Preservative Free, Enbrel, Humira)
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Transient global amnesia
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Transient Global Amnesia, and takes Humira)
Having been on Humira for 12 months with full clearing of all symptoms of severe plaque psoriasis, I am a little unnerved by this episode. I was out clearing a substantial amount of snow from one of our decks. I remember being at the half way mark, and the next thing I remember is being on the way ...
- Hand foot mouth disease
(Posted by a 28 year old man who has Hand Foot Mouth Disease, Joint Pain, Fever, and takes Prednisolone)
My illness was not recognized at first.
So I was given some prednisolone and other drugs.
During that time I had a joint pain and it was recovered. But after 5 months i suffered from this joint pain again and I'm suffering from this joint pain still now.I don't understand whether there is an conne ...
More reviews for: Humira, Pyrexia
- A study of side effects of Humira for a patient with Psoriasis. The patient has Blood In Semen, Inflamed Meatus
Comments: My urethral meatus has been red/inflamed for 4 months. I have applied various creams such as KETOISDIN AND CLOTRIMAZOLE to no avail. At first the meatus was rather sensistive to the touch and at times caused discomfort while clothed.Now it's appearance is better the redness isn't so pronounced and t ...
- A study of side effects of Humira for a patient with Croup. The patient has Joint Stiffness
Comments: first had leg and feet tingling pain, then rash on forearms.....worse in sunlight, then hair falling out by the handful. Went off Humira and now have horrible joint and muscle pain, especially at night
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of side effects of B Complex Vitamin for a patient with Ciprofloxacin. The patient has Fever
Comments: started on 15th Sep2014 with mild Fever, running/congested nose, body ache.
Diagnoised as Thypoid on 29Sep 2014, took cefixime+afloxacin tablet for three days.
Moved on to Ciproflaxcin I V, then Afloxacin, after all these no improvement found.
Now increased fever 102'F, heavy body pain, chilled p ...
More related studies for: Humira, Pyrexia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.