Home > Humira > Skin cancer > Humira and Skin cancer
Review: could Humira cause Skin cancer?
Summary: Skin cancer is found among people who take Humira, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 135,962 people who have side effects while taking Humira from FDA and social media. Among them, 129 have Skin cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Humira and have Skin cancer >>>
Humira (latest outcomes from 136,681 users) has active ingredients of adalimumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Skin cancer (latest reports from 18,674 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, psoriatic arthropathy.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 135,962 people reported to have side effects when taking Humira. Among them, 129 people (0.09%) have Skin Cancer.
Time on Humira when people have Skin cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin cancer||16.36%||29.09%||9.09%||18.18%||25.45%||1.82%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Skin cancer when taking Humira * :
|Skin cancer||69.57%||30.43% |
Age of people who have Skin cancer when taking Humira * :
|Skin cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.91%||0.91%||6.36%||20.91%||70.91% |
Severity of Skin cancer when taking Humira ** :
How people recovered from Skin cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (71 people, 55.04%)
- Hypertension (32 people, 24.81%)
- Crohn's disease (27 people, 20.93%)
- Psoriasis (23 people, 17.83%)
- Vitamin supplementation (21 people, 16.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (32 people, 24.81%)
- Folic acid (24 people, 18.60%)
- Vitamin d (20 people, 15.50%)
- Aspirin (17 people, 13.18%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (15 people, 11.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Skin Cancer while taking Humira?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Humira and have Skin Cancer
- support group for people who take Humira
- support group for people who have Skin Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can humira be stooped while herpes outbreak
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Blood Checkw For Herpes Level, and takes Humira)
I am waiting for blood results for herpes level screeing. I am worry that they will not give me humira or it will delay first injection. Do I wil have it anyway or if virus level is too high they will not give it to me?
- Does humira adversely interact with casodex
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Prostate Cancer Recurrent, and takes Humira, Casodex)
Humira for ankalosing spondilytis and casodex for prostate cancer
- Has anyone had problems with blood work eg. elevated levels of lymphocytes?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Ankylosing Spondylitis, and takes Vitamin D, Humira)
Had further blood work done and nothing showed up? tested for viral infections mono hiv cmv toxoplasmosis all neg. surface immunophenotyping by flow cytometry done nothing there any answers here?
- I am on humira and methotrexate for the last 6 years and have previously had oestomylelitis and i am now suffering with pain in the same ankle has anybody had a recurrence of bone infection whilst on
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Osteomyelitis Chronic, Psoriatic Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate, Humira)
I have been on Humira and Methotrexate for about 5 year's and have had previously had ostiomylius in my left Ankle . I have been suffering with pain and swelling in the same Ankle and I have had a bone scan which shows activity in the bone and I am waiting to hear what happens next but I have no fev ...
- Do all rheumatoid arthritis drugs cause shortness of breath or panic?
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Lung Disease - Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Enbrel, Humira, Methotrexate, Orencia)
Took methotrexate from 2007 until 2011 and caused shortness of breath. Switched to Humira, better on pain and then Enbrel. All caused shortness of breath and was hospitalized. I have lung damage and on oxygen 24/7. Taking infusion therapy, but get severe panic attacks. Can't tolerate the pain o ...
More questions for: Humira, Skin cancer
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My friend died of sepsis while having taken humera for a year.
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Humira)
My friend said she didn't feel good but was still active until about 20 hours before her death in the ICU on a ventilator from sepsis. She was just 55. This is a horror story. People are devastated.
- Humira: my experience
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Ankylosing Spondylitis, Reiter's Syndrome, Psoriatic Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate Preservative Free, Enbrel, Humira)
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Transient global amnesia
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Transient Global Amnesia, and takes Humira)
Having been on Humira for 12 months with full clearing of all symptoms of severe plaque psoriasis, I am a little unnerved by this episode. I was out clearing a substantial amount of snow from one of our decks. I remember being at the half way mark, and the next thing I remember is being on the way ...
More reviews for: Humira, Skin cancer
- A study of side effects of Humira for a patient with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Comments: Told I have demyelination (multiple sclerosis)
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of drug interactions between B12, Boniva, Humira for a patient with Crohn's Disease, Osteoporosis. The patient has Extensive Swelling Of Vaccinated Limb
Comments: I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thigh and both of those places nearly two weeks later are swollen and have hard lumps about the size of a softball.
- A study of side effects of Humira for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: Ended up having multiple bilateral pulmonary emboli.
Humira has in the post-market rare side effects pulmonary emboli!
This drug is too dangerous---to many side effects!!!!!
- A study of side effects of Humira for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Allergic Reactions
Comments: I have been taking Humira for 6-1/2 months. All of a sudden about a month ago I developed a new Type 2 Allergic reaction to Bananas. I always ate bananas. It is a latex like reaction after ingesting from what I read on the internet. I have not been feeling well and do not eat often because I don ...
More related studies for: Humira, Skin cancer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.