Home > Humira > Weight gain > Humira and Weight gain
Review: could Humira cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
We study 135,947 people who have side effects while taking Humira from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,206 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Humira and have Weight gain >>>
Humira (latest outcomes from 136,658 users) has active ingredients of adalimumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Weight gain (latest reports from 527,968 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 135,947 people reported to have side effects when taking Humira. Among them, 1,206 people (0.89%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Humira when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||22.72%||32.08%||16.16%||15.93%||11.01%||1.64%||0.47% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Humira * :
|Weight gain||81.36%||18.64% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Humira * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.08%||1.75%||4.72%||15.75%||22.60%||30.29%||24.81% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Humira ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||14.29%||71.43%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||14.29%||85.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (733 people, 60.78%)
- Crohn's disease (472 people, 39.14%)
- Pain (282 people, 23.38%)
- Hypertension (251 people, 20.81%)
- Psoriasis (207 people, 17.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (355 people, 29.44%)
- Prednisone (294 people, 24.38%)
- Folic acid (251 people, 20.81%)
- Aspirin (122 people, 10.12%)
- Calcium (110 people, 9.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Humira?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Humira and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Humira
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
weight gain, bloatedness, muscle pain and stiffness
From this study (13 months ago):
Generally all over itchy but particularly scalp, hands, torso. Fungal infections of skin folds. Ver, very tired and weight impossible to shift.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Humira, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Crestor side effects
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
More reviews for: Humira, Weight gain
On eHealthMe, Humira (adalimumab) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Humira is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Humira used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Klonopin, Albuterol Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Xarelto, Phenergan for a 50-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Wheezing , Hypertension , Pulmonary Artery Thrombosis, Nausea (13 minutes ago)
- Prilosec, Paxil for a 49-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder (56 minutes ago)
- Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 58-year old woman who has Numbness And Tingling (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vomiting and Fibromyalgia
- Enbrel and Bone Fragmentation
- Topamax and Localised Osteoarthritis
- Gout and Metolazone
- Omeprazole and Urine Odor
Recent user comments
- "High Blood pressure
Pulmonary Embolism approximately ... " (14 minutes ago)
- "lips have been sort of numb and eyes feel like they a ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Started using omeprazole 2 months ago. Just noticed s ... " (2 hours ago)
- 2 Mercaptohistidine Trimethylbetaine
- Acute Graft Versus Host Disease In Intestine
- Hepatitis B Core Antigen Positive
- Demon Chaser