Review: could Humira cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Humira, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Folic acid, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 135,973 people who have side effects while taking Humira from FDA and social media. Among them, 91 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Humira and have Weight loss >>>
Humira has active ingredients of adalimumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Humira 136,693 users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Weight loss 16,911 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 135,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Humira. Among them, 91 people (0.07%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Humira when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||2.86%||28.57%||20.00%||28.57%||17.14%||0.00%||2.86% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Humira * :
|Weight loss||70.97%||29.03% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Humira * :
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||22.22%||25.56%||25.56%||21.11% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Humira ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (47 people, 51.65%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (26 people, 28.57%)
- Psoriasis (25 people, 27.47%)
- Vitamin supplementation (22 people, 24.18%)
- Hypertension (17 people, 18.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (38 people, 41.76%)
- Methotrexate (32 people, 35.16%)
- Xanax (21 people, 23.08%)
- Vitamin b-12 (15 people, 16.48%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (15 people, 16.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Humira?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Humira and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Humira
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Humira, Weight loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lipitor was the cause,I stopped Lipitor 3 weeks later not losing weight ,bad dreams gone,feeling like myself again,hoping to regain the weight in time,Lisinpril 10 mg started two years ago ,has issues but did not connect until recently,3 months after taking started to have problems in the bedroom,only within the last 5 months did it occur to me was that was the cause of my sexual performance...had all test done testosterone ,blood work and all came back normal,stopped taking Lisinpril for 4 days a my manhood returned to normal!! Just spoke with doctor and says that shouldn't be????? Really ,he has since written me a new BP prescription,recent BP readings have been normal and will not take until BP rises....eating better ,with supplements ,,why Doctors don't believe the patient is incredulous ,thanks to sites like this people need to really question the health care their getting .....
- My friend died of sepsis while having taken humera for a year.
My friend said she didn't feel good but was still active until about 20 hours before her death in the ICU on a ventilator from sepsis. She was just 55. This is a horror story. People are devastated.
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flomax,within 3
months,I was down to 160 lbs.(I had 0 fat on my body)I am now down to 140 lbs.
my family & friends can't believe the weight loss.I feel good,strong,but I don't look good,I'm too skinny.Flomax as been very effective for me.
Is flomax the reason for my weight loss?
- Weight loss taking lipitor
Did not want to take Lipitor heard a lot about it dr made me I weighed 164 was on Lipitor for 2years lost down to 132 and still losing how do I regain some weight back I look horrible
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, sulfasalazine, etc. My best results came with methotrexate after I got cellulitis in my knee (scratch it while kayaking in the summer, fiberglass boat). It dropped my sed rate from over 100 to 35 or so within a few months. I continued with MTX from 1977 to 2000 when my MD suggested Enbrel and stopping MTX. That was a VERY bad decision. Enbrel appeared to mask the disease for a few years. I had my left MCP replaced in 2004, my right heel debrided in 2010, and both my TMJs replaced in 2012. I strongly believe that if I had kept with the MTX it would have delayed those changes. Additionally, in 2011 I was in a bus crash returning from RAGBRAI. I got knocked out from three to six minutes. I had a nasty concussion that lasted 2+ years. Towards the end of the third year post accident I started exercising more aggressively. After doing several 40, 50, and 60 miles rides, I took a leisurely 50 mile ride around Boston at night. Two days later I had a spinal edema. So much for biking and other active sports! :-(
I have continued with MTX. Late 2013 my MD increased my MTX to .8/week. I had been taking .6/week. I stopped taking Enbrel and switched to Humira in early 2014. I took it for a few months before my doc and I realized it was not doing any better than Enbrel. I tried Humira for three months but it did not seem to work any better than Enbrel. In early June I stopped Humira and waited a few weeks before I started Otezla. I stopped Oterzla on 9/15/14 because it made me depressed and allowed my morning stiffness to get much worse.
I started prednisone again from the start of July. By mid-August I told my MD that I was screaming louder than I ever had; my dog was very startled. I stopped it gradually over the next two weeks. Meanwhile, the Otezla made me feel awful.
My MD is going to get me onto another injectable that I take monthly. I forget its name.
More reviews for: Humira, Weight loss
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My urethral meatus has been red/inflamed for 4 months. I have applied various creams such as KETOISDIN AND CLOTRIMAZOLE to no avail. At first the meatus was rather sensistive to the touch and at times caused discomfort while clothed.Now it's appearance is better the redness isn't so pronounced and t ...
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- first had leg and feet tingling pain, then rash on forearms.....worse in sunlight, then hair falling out by the handful. Went off Humira and now have horrible joint and muscle pain, especially at night
- the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- I have been taking Humira for 6-1/2 months. All of a sudden about a month ago I developed a new Type 2 Allergic reaction to Bananas. I always ate bananas. It is a latex like reaction after ingesting from what I read on the internet. I have not been feeling well and do not eat often because I don ...
More related studies for: Humira, Weight loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.