Review: could Humira cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Humira, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Folic acid, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 136,027 people who have side effects while taking Humira from FDA and social media. Among them, 92 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Humira and have Weight loss >>>
Humira has active ingredients of adalimumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 136,747 Humira users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,334 Weight loss patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 136,027 people reported to have side effects when taking Humira. Among them, 92 people (0.07%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Humira when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||2.78%||27.78%||19.44%||27.78%||16.67%||0.00%||5.56% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Humira * :
|Weight loss||71.20%||28.80% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Humira * :
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.49%||21.98%||26.37%||25.27%||20.88% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Humira ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (48 people, 52.17%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (26 people, 28.26%)
- Psoriasis (25 people, 27.17%)
- Vitamin supplementation (22 people, 23.91%)
- Hypertension (17 people, 18.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (38 people, 41.30%)
- Methotrexate (32 people, 34.78%)
- Xanax (21 people, 22.83%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (15 people, 16.30%)
- Vitamin b-12 (15 people, 16.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of humira and weight loss on
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Humira?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Humira and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Humira
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Neurontin, Abilify, Lexapro, Lamictal, Humira for a 56-year old man with Acid Reflux, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Psoriasis.
- A study of side effects of Cleocin for a 72-year old man with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection. The patient has Weight Loss
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 61-year old man with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Pneumonia Bacterial
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 51-year old woman with Psoriasis. The patient has Moodiness
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 39-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Recent Humira related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.