Review: could Hydrochlorothiazide cause Anorgasmia (Orgasmic dysfunction)?
Summary: Anorgasmia is found among people who take Hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Viagra, and have High blood pressure.
We study 60,063 people who have side effects while taking Hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Anorgasmia. Find out below who they are, when they have Anorgasmia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Anorgasmia >>>
Hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 62,015 Hydrochlorothiazide users)
Anorgasmia (type of sexual dysfunction in which a person cannot achieve orgasm, even with adequate stimulation) has been reported by people with depression, erection problems, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, neuralgia. (latest reports from 1,553 Anorgasmia patients)
On Mar, 24, 2015: 60,063 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 10 people (0.02%) have Anorgasmia.
Time on Hydrochlorothiazide when people have Anorgasmia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anorgasmia when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
Age of people who have Anorgasmia when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
Severity of Anorgasmia when taking Hydrochlorothiazide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anorgasmia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (2 people, 20.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 20.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 10.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 10.00%)
- Eye infection (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Viagra (3 people, 30.00%)
- Pristiq (2 people, 20.00%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (2 people, 20.00%)
- Zestril (2 people, 20.00%)
- Lecithin (1 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydrochlorothiazide and anorgasmia on
Do you have Anorgasmia while taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Anorgasmia
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Anorgasmia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix, Metformin for a 38-year old woman with Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Passed Out, Diabetes. The patient has Constipation, Bloating, Painful Urination, Pain - Leg, Unable To Get Pregnant, Unable To Concentrate, Passed Out
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Flonase, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Allergy, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Pantoprazole, Buspirone Hcl, Hydrochlorothiazide, Clonazepam, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 40-year old man with General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergies, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Dizziness, Fatigue, Sleepy
- A study of side effects of Hydrochlorothiazide for a 51-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, B-12, Flaxseed Oil, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lyrica, Metformin, Gemfibrozil, Lisinopril, Carvedilol for a 68-year old man with Nerve Damage - Diabetic, Oil, Hypertension, Diabetes Insipidus. The patient has Dizziness, Difficulty In Walking
- A study of drug interactions between Lotensin, HCTZ, Nexium for a 59-year old woman with Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Joint Pain, Uti
Recent Hydrochlorothiazide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Livalo, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 55-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix for a 33-year old woman who has Lkajdfkl
- Comparions of Lexapro, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Metformin, Garcinia Cambogia for a 60-year old woman who has Tramadol
- Comparions of Papaya, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Symbicort, Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxazosin Mesylate, Omeprazole, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 73-year old man who has UTI
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.