Review: could Hydrochlorothiazide cause Bladder prolapse?
Summary: Bladder prolapse is found among people who take Hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Synthroid, and have High blood pressure.
We study 60,078 people who have side effects while taking Hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Bladder prolapse. Find out below who they are, when they have Bladder prolapse and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Bladder prolapse >>>
Hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 62,026 Hydrochlorothiazide users)
Bladder prolapse (bulging of one or more of the pelvic organs into the vagina) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteopenia. (latest reports from 774 Bladder prolapse patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 60,078 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 20 people (0.03%) have Bladder Prolapse.
Time on Hydrochlorothiazide when people have Bladder prolapse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bladder prolapse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bladder prolapse when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Bladder prolapse||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Bladder prolapse when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Bladder prolapse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||41.18%||58.82% |
Severity of Bladder prolapse when taking Hydrochlorothiazide ** :
How people recovered from Bladder prolapse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (10 people, 50.00%)
- Blood cholesterol (6 people, 30.00%)
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 25.00%)
- Vertigo (4 people, 20.00%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (8 people, 40.00%)
- Premarin (7 people, 35.00%)
- Simvastatin (6 people, 30.00%)
- Fosamax (6 people, 30.00%)
- Ascorbic acid (5 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bladder Prolapse while taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Bladder Prolapse
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Bladder Prolapse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Multivitamin, Calcium D - Glucarate, Zyrtec Allergy, Qvar 40, Vitamin B12, Albuterol, Hydrochlorothiazide, Omeprazole for a 64-year old woman with Arthritis, Enzyme Supplementation, Allergic Sinusitis, Exercise-induced Asthma, Deficiency Anaemia, High Blood Pressure, Gerd. The patient has Burning Feet Syndrome, Lightheadedness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole Magnesium, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Succinate, Simvastatin for a 47-year old woman with Heartburn - Chronic, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Red Itchy Cheeks
- A study of drug interactions between Garlic, Niacin, Milk Thistle, Acidophilus, Magnesium, Multivitamin, B Complex Vitamin, Fish Oil, Foradil, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 73-year old man with Health, Liver Function Tests, Digestive Health, General Health, Generalhealth, Copd, Hypertension. The patient has Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec, Prevacid, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Flonase, Provera, Hydrochlorothiazide, Zithromax for a 44-year old woman with Allergies, Ulcer - Stomach, Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Anxiety Disorder, Multiple Allergies, No Periods, High Blood Pressure, Acute Bronchitis. The patient has Tongue Coated
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Atenolol, Flecainide Acetate for a 74-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Parkinsonism, Thinking Slowed, Slow Speech
Recent Hydrochlorothiazide related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.