Review: could Hydrochlorothiazide cause Coma (Consciousness - decreased)?
Summary: Coma is found among people who take Hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 60,078 people who have side effects while taking Hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 304 have Coma. Find out below who they are, when they have Coma and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Coma >>>
Hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 62,026 Hydrochlorothiazide users)
Coma (state of unconsciousness lasting more than six hours) has been reported by people with pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, diabetes. (latest reports from 32,226 Coma patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 60,078 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 377 people (0.63%) have Coma.
Time on Hydrochlorothiazide when people have Coma * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Coma when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
Age of people who have Coma when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
Severity of Coma when taking Hydrochlorothiazide ** :
How people recovered from Coma ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (39 people, 10.34%)
- Pain (31 people, 8.22%)
- Pneumonia (31 people, 8.22%)
- Depression (25 people, 6.63%)
- Diabetes mellitus (22 people, 5.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (84 people, 22.28%)
- Lisinopril (72 people, 19.10%)
- Atenolol (60 people, 15.92%)
- Norvasc (48 people, 12.73%)
- Albuterol (47 people, 12.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Hydrochlorothiazide and coma on
Do you have Coma while taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Coma
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Coma
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 4, Paxil, Hydrochlorothiazide, Losartan, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Xanax, Ambien for a 43-year old woman with Back Pain, Depression, High Blood Pressure, Panic Attacks, Insomnia. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Multivitamin, Calcium D - Glucarate, Zyrtec Allergy, Qvar 40, Vitamin B12, Albuterol, Hydrochlorothiazide, Omeprazole for a 64-year old woman with Arthritis, Enzyme Supplementation, Allergic Sinusitis, Exercise-induced Asthma, Deficiency Anaemia, High Blood Pressure, Gerd. The patient has Burning Feet Syndrome, Lightheadedness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole Magnesium, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Succinate, Simvastatin for a 47-year old woman with Heartburn - Chronic, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Red Itchy Cheeks
- A study of drug interactions between Garlic, Niacin, Milk Thistle, Acidophilus, Magnesium, Multivitamin, B Complex Vitamin, Fish Oil, Foradil, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 73-year old man with Health, Liver Function Tests, Digestive Health, General Health, Generalhealth, Copd, Hypertension. The patient has Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec, Prevacid, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Flonase, Provera, Hydrochlorothiazide, Zithromax for a 44-year old woman with Allergies, Ulcer - Stomach, Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Anxiety Disorder, Multiple Allergies, No Periods, High Blood Pressure, Acute Bronchitis. The patient has Tongue Coated
Recent Hydrochlorothiazide related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.