Review: could Hydrochlorothiazide cause Conversion disorder?
Summary: Conversion disorder is found among people who take Hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Gabapentin, and have Pain.
We study 60,063 people who have side effects while taking Hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Conversion disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Conversion disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Conversion disorder >>>
Hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 62,015 Hydrochlorothiazide users)
Conversion disorder (neurological symptoms, such as numbness, blindness, paralysis, or fits without a definable organic cause) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, convulsion, epilepsy. (latest reports from 1,681 Conversion disorder patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 60,054 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 18 people (0.03%) have Conversion Disorder.
Time on Hydrochlorothiazide when people have Conversion disorder * :
Gender of people who have Conversion disorder when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Conversion disorder||61.11%||38.89% |
Age of people who have Conversion disorder when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Conversion disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||8.33%||33.33%||41.67%||0.00% |
Severity of Conversion disorder when taking Hydrochlorothiazide ** :
How people recovered from Conversion disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (4 people, 22.22%)
- Convulsion (4 people, 22.22%)
- Contraception (2 people, 11.11%)
- General anaesthesia (2 people, 11.11%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (2 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Gabapentin (6 people, 33.33%)
- Lexapro (6 people, 33.33%)
- Lamictal (5 people, 27.78%)
- Lisinopril (5 people, 27.78%)
- Keppra (4 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Conversion Disorder while taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Conversion Disorder
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Conversion Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, HCTZ, Atorvastatin Calcium, Gabapentin, Effient, Pregabalin, Novolin R, Lantrisul, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 61-year old woman with Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Diuretic Effect, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Neuropathy, Heart Mri, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetes, Heart Rate Decreased. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Omeprazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Hydroxyzine, Sertraline, Lamotrigine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Montelukast Sodium for a 39-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asthma. The patient has Bronchitis Acute, Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vascepa, Plavix, Tamsulosin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Losartan, Dexilant, Crestor, Bystolic for a 61-year old man with Blood Clots, High Blood Cholesterol, Urine Output Decreased, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Blindness
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 52-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Ed
- A study of drug interactions between Diphenoxylate Hydrochloride W/ Atropine Sulfate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Ramipril, Probenecid for a 81-year old man with Diarrhea, Fluid Retention, Blood Beta-d-glucan Increased, Gout - Chronic. The patient has Itching
Recent Hydrochlorothiazide related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.