Home > Hydrochlorothiazide > Diabetes mellitus > Hydrochlorothiazide and Diabetes mellitus
Review: could Hydrochlorothiazide cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 59,995 people who have side effects while taking Hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 983 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Hydrochlorothiazide (latest outcomes from 61,937 users) has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) (latest reports from 387,499 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 59,982 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 1,107 people (1.85%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Hydrochlorothiazide when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetes mellitus||14.29%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||21.43%||7.14% |
Gender of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Diabetes mellitus||63.60%||36.40% |
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.71%||9.08%||29.23%||27.35%||31.63% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Hydrochlorothiazide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (256 people, 23.13%)
- Hypertension (221 people, 19.96%)
- Anxiety (124 people, 11.20%)
- Bipolar disorder (117 people, 10.57%)
- Pain (104 people, 9.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (385 people, 34.78%)
- Aspirin (272 people, 24.57%)
- Lipitor (216 people, 19.51%)
- Lisinopril (212 people, 19.15%)
- Zyprexa (203 people, 18.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Hallucinations and skin thas red and hurts
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Hallucinations.skin Thats Red Like A Sun Burn And Mouth Blisters, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Sudafed, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I am having horrable hallucinations.manic episodes because i slam on the brakes to avoid people or animals that are not there.i feel like im going to razy.high bood pressure, heavy breathing and anxiety.my face and body have spoys that are like a sun burn and blisters in my mouth.emergency room accu ...
- What drugs cause male breast enlargement
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Hydrocele, Breast Enlargement, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin)
At age 62 breast seam to enlarge over the last two years
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has DIABETES, and takes Metformin, Prilosec)
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fatigue, Headache, Elevated Blood Pressure, Eating More Alkaline Foods Helps Reduce Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Upper Back Pain, Indigestion, Slightly Yellow, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide)
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
More questions for: Hydrochlorothiazide, Diabetes mellitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has REFLUX, LOSS OF VOICE, Now Diagnosed With DES, LRP, DYSPHONIA, and takes HCTZ, Clindamycin)
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice ...
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Steroid Myopathy, Osteopenia, Diabetes, Peripheral Neuropathy , Cushing's Syndrome - Steroid Induced, and takes Prednisone)
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Aortic Valve Disease, Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Depression, Insomnia, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Deficiency - Vitamin D, Migraine With Aura, Anxiety, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and takes Opana Er, Norco, Temazepam, Lorazepam, Coreg Cr, Benicar, Norvasc, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lamictal, Lexapro, Phenergan)
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- 25 pound weight gain on ranexa
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Bundle Branch Block Left, Prinzmetal's Angina, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Atenolol, Lisinopril, Ranexa)
I was at a steady weight at 150 pounds until I developed Prinzmetal's Angina. I was put on 500 mg. of Ranexa twice a day and up to another 500 to 1,000 if needed. Usually the 500 twice a day works. I have always been on a low carb fish and vegetarian diet. I have slowly put on 25 extra pounds since ...
More reviews for: Hydrochlorothiazide, Diabetes mellitus
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Fluid Retention, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Memory Impairment
Comments: I have noticed increasing problems which my research associates with normal aging (can't find keys, forgetting names, etc.); however, an incident last night has truly shaken me. I was out with my family, considering buying an outdoors toy for a grandchild when I could not visualize where I live or w ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zopiclone, Codeine Sulfate, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Lactulose, Restasis, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium for a patient with Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma). The patient has Bone Spur
Comments: I have the crest variation of scleroderma. Since developing this illness in 2004 I have developed bone spurs on both feet, as well as my right hip and my right shoulder. I am just curious if Scleroderma and or any of the above medications induce bone spurs. Thank you. Shirley
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
More related studies for: Hydrochlorothiazide, Diabetes mellitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.