Home > Hydrochlorothiazide > Erectile dysfunction > Hydrochlorothiazide and Erectile dysfunction
Review: could Hydrochlorothiazide cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
We study 59,982 people who have side effects while taking Hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 365 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Hydrochlorothiazide (latest outcomes from 61,913 users) has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Erectile dysfunction (latest reports from 131,840 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 59,982 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 365 people (0.61%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Hydrochlorothiazide when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||4.35%||8.70%||26.09%||26.09%||13.04%||15.22%||6.52% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Erectile dysfunction||3.02%||96.98% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.40%||4.47%||15.92%||31.01%||47.21% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Hydrochlorothiazide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||65.38%||30.77%||3.85% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (97 people, 26.58%)
- Hypertension (66 people, 18.08%)
- Pain (40 people, 10.96%)
- Depression (34 people, 9.32%)
- Multiple myeloma (26 people, 7.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (107 people, 29.32%)
- Viagra (96 people, 26.30%)
- Aspirin (95 people, 26.03%)
- Levitra (85 people, 23.29%)
- Lipitor (60 people, 16.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Comments from related studies:
From this study (9 months ago):
Daily: baby aspirin, multivitamin, vitamin D, fiber supplement
From this study (9 months ago):
Recent colonoscopy and stool sample both negative
From this study (1 year ago):
Early stage prostate cancer Gleason 3+3
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Is there a link between cancer and hydrochlorathiazide?
Since going on Hydrochlorathiazide to control blood pressure, I have had 2 separate cancers. Is there a link between neuroendocrine cancer and hydrochlorathiazide? In speaking with other NET survivors, I notice some of us have that in common.
More questions for: Hydrochlorothiazide, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Prednisone causes erection and ejaculant increases
I am being treated for a lung infection and swelling in the lung with Prednisone. After just the first day I awake with a full erection and increased ejaculation.
I don't like the Viagra's side affects! Such as facial flush and head ache and unlike Prednisone, Viagra does not help increase my ...
- Good medication no side effects
Best ever no side effects I love latuda it works for my bipolar disorder depression and viagra works with it
More reviews for: Hydrochlorothiazide, Erectile dysfunction
On eHealthMe, Hydrochlorothiazide (hydrochlorothiazide) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Hydrochlorothiazide is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Hydrochlorothiazide used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (55 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (55 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Canela Molida
- Trazodone Hydrochloride
- Prostate Cancer