Review: could Hydrochlorothiazide cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Erection problems.
We study 60,063 people who have side effects while taking Hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 361 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 62,015 Hydrochlorothiazide users)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,192 Erectile dysfunction patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 60,054 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 366 people (0.61%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Hydrochlorothiazide when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||4.26%||10.64%||25.53%||25.53%||12.77%||14.89%||6.38% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Erectile dysfunction||3.02%||96.98% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.67%||4.46%||15.88%||30.92%||47.08% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Hydrochlorothiazide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||62.96%||29.63%||7.41% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (97 people, 26.50%)
- Hypertension (67 people, 18.31%)
- Pain (40 people, 10.93%)
- Depression (34 people, 9.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (26 people, 7.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (107 people, 29.23%)
- Viagra (96 people, 26.23%)
- Aspirin (95 people, 25.96%)
- Levitra (85 people, 23.22%)
- Lipitor (60 people, 16.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydrochlorothiazide and erectile dysfunction on
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lantus, Lisinopril for a 72-year old man with Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 47-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, HCTZ for a 41-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Swollen Ankles And Lower Leg
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
Recent Hydrochlorothiazide related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.