Review: could Hydrochlorothiazide cause Heart rate increased?
Summary: Heart rate increased is found among people who take Hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 60,063 people who have side effects while taking Hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 746 have Heart rate increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart rate increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Heart rate increased >>>
Hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 62,015 Hydrochlorothiazide users)
Heart rate increased
Heart rate increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, asthma. (latest reports from 39,708 Heart rate increased patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 60,054 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 745 people (1.24%) have Heart Rate Increased.
Time on Hydrochlorothiazide when people have Heart rate increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart rate increased||17.39%||43.48%||8.70%||17.39%||13.04%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Heart rate increased when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Heart rate increased||66.07%||33.93% |
Age of people who have Heart rate increased when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Heart rate increased||0.00%||0.28%||0.43%||0.57%||2.84%||18.92%||19.63%||57.33% |
Severity of Heart rate increased when taking Hydrochlorothiazide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart rate increased||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart rate increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart rate increased||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (141 people, 18.93%)
- Osteoporosis (38 people, 5.10%)
- Asthma (37 people, 4.97%)
- Cardiac disorder (31 people, 4.16%)
- Arrhythmia (26 people, 3.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (171 people, 22.95%)
- Lisinopril (95 people, 12.75%)
- Lipitor (76 people, 10.20%)
- Atenolol (75 people, 10.07%)
- Metformin hcl (67 people, 8.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydrochlorothiazide and heart rate increased on
Do you have Heart Rate Increased while taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Heart Rate Increased
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Heart Rate Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, HCTZ for a 41-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Swollen Ankles And Lower Leg
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin La, Provigil for a 67-year old woman with Sleepiness - During The Day, Sleeping Sickness. The patient has Heart Rate Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix, Metformin for a 38-year old woman with Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Passed Out, Diabetes. The patient has Constipation, Bloating, Painful Urination, Pain - Leg, Unable To Get Pregnant, Unable To Concentrate, Passed Out
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Flonase, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Allergy, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Pantoprazole, Buspirone Hcl, Hydrochlorothiazide, Clonazepam, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 40-year old man with General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergies, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Dizziness, Fatigue, Sleepy
Recent Hydrochlorothiazide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Livalo, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 55-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix for a 33-year old woman who has Lkajdfkl
- Comparions of Lexapro, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Metformin, Garcinia Cambogia for a 60-year old woman who has Tramadol
- Comparions of Papaya, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Symbicort, Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxazosin Mesylate, Omeprazole, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 73-year old man who has UTI
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.