Review: could Hydrochlorothiazide cause Hoarseness or changing voice?
Summary: Hoarseness or changing voice is found among people who take Hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Asthma.
We study 60,078 people who have side effects while taking Hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 352 have Hoarseness or changing voice. Find out below who they are, when they have Hoarseness or changing voice and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Hoarseness or changing voice >>>
Hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 62,026 Hydrochlorothiazide users)
Hoarseness or changing voice
Hoarseness or changing voice has been reported by people with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 14,358 Hoarseness or changing voice patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 60,063 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 352 people (0.59%) have Hoarseness Or Changing Voice.
Time on Hydrochlorothiazide when people have Hoarseness or changing voice * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hoarseness or changing voice||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hoarseness or changing voice when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Hoarseness or changing voice||71.23%||28.77% |
Age of people who have Hoarseness or changing voice when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Hoarseness or changing voice||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.59%||14.24%||13.92%||69.26% |
Severity of Hoarseness or changing voice when taking Hydrochlorothiazide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hoarseness or changing voice||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hoarseness or changing voice ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hoarseness or changing voice||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (70 people, 19.89%)
- Hypertension (70 people, 19.89%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (42 people, 11.93%)
- Cardiac disorder (26 people, 7.39%)
- Arrhythmia (24 people, 6.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (107 people, 30.40%)
- Lisinopril (73 people, 20.74%)
- Lipitor (70 people, 19.89%)
- Atenolol (42 people, 11.93%)
- Ranitidine (37 people, 10.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydrochlorothiazide and hoarseness or changing voice on
Do you have Hoarseness Or Changing Voice while taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Hoarseness Or Changing Voice
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Hoarseness Or Changing Voice
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Celebrex for a 55-year old woman with Inflammation. The patient has Hoarseness Or Changing Voice
- A study of drug interactions between Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Prednisolone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Valsartan for a 64-year old woman with Glaucoma, Retinal Detachment, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, VYVANSE, WELLBUTRIN, PROZAC for a 45-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Add, Depression, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Lotrel, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 62-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Severe Low Sex Drive
Recent Hydrochlorothiazide related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.