Review: could Hydrochlorothiazide cause Itching?
Summary: Itching is found among people who take Hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 60,012 people who have side effects while taking Hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,459 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Itching >>>
Hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Hydrochlorothiazide 61,953 users)
Itching has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Itching 87,571 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 59,995 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 1,459 people (2.43%) have Itching.
Time on Hydrochlorothiazide when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
Age of people who have Itching when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
Severity of Itching when taking Hydrochlorothiazide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Itching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (299 people, 20.49%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (137 people, 9.39%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (69 people, 4.73%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (68 people, 4.66%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (59 people, 4.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (357 people, 24.47%)
- Niaspan (232 people, 15.90%)
- Lisinopril (229 people, 15.70%)
- Lipitor (156 people, 10.69%)
- Atenolol (154 people, 10.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Itching while taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Itching
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Itching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is trazodone and trazodone hcl the same ? with trazodone i dont stay asleep so i also take 5mg of zolpidem and some nights cut it in half
Trazodone doesn't work without ME also taking zolpidem
- Hallucinations and skin thas red and hurts
I am having horrable hallucinations.manic episodes because i slam on the brakes to avoid people or animals that are not there.i feel like im going to razy.high bood pressure, heavy breathing and anxiety.my face and body have spoys that are like a sun burn and blisters in my mouth.emergency room accused me of being drugy and said the blood tests came back that i had meth in my blood..i not breathing deep enough and would stop by hen the tubes were removed.i also experience episodes if slured speech and confusion.i am no way a meth user ad soon as it was thought that i used drugs.i was discharged i read my paperwork that said.METHAMPHETAMINE USER. WHY?- I need answers. Would any or all cause this? But i have still the problems i went there for am i allergic to my meds levothyroxine?
- What drugs cause male breast enlargement (2 answers)
At age 62 breast seam to enlarge over the last two years
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating more alkaline foods, alkalizing my water, and avoiding really acidic foods. Stopped taking my acid reducers because they actually KEPT me more acidic. I noticed that when my body's pH was up (alkaline) the pain was tolerable but when it began to drop (acid) the pain kicked up again. My doctors say they don't necessarily think it's pancreatitis because the ultrasound doesn't show inflammation & my blood test numbers are only slightly elevated. My liver enzymes are also slightly elevated. The doctors don't Seem very concerned. Today, for the first time in 2 months since this whole thing started I noticed I'm jaundiced. What the heck is this?
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
More questions for: Hydrochlorothiazide, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Excessive menstrual cycle bleeding??? here's a possible answer!
I take Hydrochlorothiazide 25mg and Atenolol 50mg daily for high blood pressure. I have had every exam known to man and all blood work and test results come back clear with no indications of a reason as to why my pressure is high. Needless to say, I take the meds and my blood pressure is controlled. I went to the dentist yesterday to have a filling replaced, the doctor gave me a novocaine injection, did the work and I was out of there happy as a pig in mud. The doctor did not ask if I was on my menstrual cycle and today I realize why he should have. I have to use the restroom every 15 minutes MAXIMUM, to change my sanitary napkin and release the blood that has accumulated in my vaginal canal. Wearing a tampon is not even an option! There is no pain however it is so gross. I once took 2 excedrin while on my cycle and had the mini version of what is happening now. Needless to say, the combination of hydrochlorothiazide and novocaine should not be mixed especially during your menstrual cycle.
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice, low grade nausea. have had multitude of tests - ie. EGD's, monometry, transesophageal (with transmitter to determine extent of now reflux) Have to eat small amounts of food at a time. Have lost 23 lbs. Affects my every day life - difficult to talk on phone, talking in groups - just limit my socialization. Could not work if I wanted to with voice. Throat is constantly sore.
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have eaten regularly aside from kale. Friday morning, my entire body was covered in the same rash that appeared Tuesday. I went to the ER. The doc said it was some type of allergic reaction. The ONLY thing I did/consumed different was the kale. I can't find much about it's reactions, though.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Levothyrixine and have increased as my dose has been increased.
More reviews for: Hydrochlorothiazide, Itching
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- I have noticed increasing problems which my research associates with normal aging (can't find keys, forgetting names, etc.); however, an incident last night has truly shaken me. I was out with my family, considering buying an outdoors toy for a grandchild when I could not visualize where I live or w ...
- my huband had sporadic itching at times, doc prescribed levocetrizine and foratidine he took it and went for a blood check up like lft and blood sugar bilirubin was 1.3 want is this because of the drug?his direct and indirect bilirubin was at upperlimit
- I have been on transdermal fentanyl for five years. I got up to 100mcg/72 hours. I tried to wean down to get off the fentanyl patches and got down to 25 mcg. but had to increase to 50 mcg. due to pain. I have many allergies and cannot take proton pump inhibitors, Benadryl, or nausea medicines. I ha ...
- I am wanting to find out if Prozac/Fluoxetine or Metroprolol can cause pancreatic cancer. I found out with the above symptoms that I had a blocked bile duct. In searching for the answers to these symptoms, it was discovered I had pancreatic cancer..a tumor on the head of my pancreas.
More related studies for: Hydrochlorothiazide, Itching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.