Review: could Hydrochlorothiazide cause Nausea and vomiting?
Summary: Nausea and vomiting is found among people who take Hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 60,078 people who have side effects while taking Hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,317 have Nausea and vomiting. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and vomiting and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Nausea and vomiting >>>
Hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 62,026 Hydrochlorothiazide users)
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 142,502 Nausea and vomiting patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 60,078 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 2,317 people (3.86%) have Nausea And Vomiting.
Time on Hydrochlorothiazide when people have Nausea and vomiting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nausea and vomiting||39.24%||13.92%||7.59%||10.13%||17.72%||3.80%||7.59% |
Gender of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Nausea and vomiting||72.91%||27.09% |
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Nausea and vomiting||0.24%||0.15%||0.68%||1.70%||4.42%||13.88%||21.01%||57.93% |
Severity of Nausea and vomiting when taking Hydrochlorothiazide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||66.67%||22.22%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Nausea and vomiting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nausea and vomiting||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (516 people, 22.27%)
- Depression (164 people, 7.08%)
- Pain (159 people, 6.86%)
- Diabetes mellitus (139 people, 6.00%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (113 people, 4.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (499 people, 21.54%)
- Lisinopril (435 people, 18.77%)
- Lipitor (265 people, 11.44%)
- Atenolol (255 people, 11.01%)
- Metformin hcl (222 people, 9.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydrochlorothiazide and nausea and vomiting on
Do you have Nausea And Vomiting while taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Nausea And Vomiting
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Nausea And Vomiting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Prednisolone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Valsartan for a 64-year old woman with Glaucoma, Retinal Detachment, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, VYVANSE, WELLBUTRIN, PROZAC for a 45-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Add, Depression, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Lotrel, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 62-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Severe Low Sex Drive
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 65-year old woman with Panic Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss, Abdominal Bloating, Ureteral Spasm, Pelvic Discomfort
Recent Hydrochlorothiazide related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.