Review: could Hydrochlorothiazide cause Shoulder pain?
Summary: Shoulder pain is found among people who take Hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Zoloft, and have Pain.
We study 60,078 people who have side effects while taking Hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 33 have Shoulder pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Shoulder pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Shoulder pain >>>
Hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 62,026 Hydrochlorothiazide users)
Shoulder pain has been reported by people with arthritis, pain, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 2,602 Shoulder pain patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 60,078 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 33 people (0.05%) have Shoulder Pain.
Time on Hydrochlorothiazide when people have Shoulder pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shoulder pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00%||40.00% |
Gender of people who have Shoulder pain when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Shoulder pain||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Shoulder pain when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Shoulder pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.45%||0.00%||37.93%||58.62% |
Severity of Shoulder pain when taking Hydrochlorothiazide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shoulder pain||20.00%||40.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Shoulder pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shoulder pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (8 people, 24.24%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 15.15%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 12.12%)
- Asthma (3 people, 9.09%)
- High blood pressure (3 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (10 people, 30.30%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 30.30%)
- Atenolol (8 people, 24.24%)
- Oxycontin (8 people, 24.24%)
- Wellbutrin (7 people, 21.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydrochlorothiazide and shoulder pain on
Do you have Shoulder Pain while taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Shoulder Pain
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Shoulder Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 50-year old woman with Depressive Symptom, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sleepy
- A study of side effects of Hydrochlorothiazide for a 42-year old man with Retained Fetal Lung Fluid. The patient has Heaviness, Dull Sharp Pain, Excessive Sweating, Very Cold, Ed, High Blood Pressure Coccyx Hurts
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Bactrim for a 55-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Skin Lesion. The patient has Skin Rash, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Cardizem, Lisinopril, Lexapro, Lipitor, Gabapentin for a 72-year old woman with Cardiac Disorder, Chronic Depression, Neuropathy. The patient has Fluid Retention, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prilosec Otc, Cayenne, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Fish Oil, Calcium, Biotin, B Complex Vitamin, Tavist Allergy/sinus/headache, Actifed, Norco for a 50-year old woman with General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Heartburn - Chronic, Edema, General Physical Health Deterioration, Difficulty Falling Asleep, Bone Strength And Calcium, Spoon Nails, Fatigue, Allergies, Chronic Pain. The patient has Enlarged Liver
Recent Hydrochlorothiazide related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.