Review: could Hydrochlorothiazide cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Neurontin, and have Depression.
We study 60,063 people who have side effects while taking Hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 109 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 62,015 Hydrochlorothiazide users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain. (latest reports from 9,228 Withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 60,063 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 109 people (0.18%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Hydrochlorothiazide when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00 |
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||71.74%||28.26% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.50%||22.50%||26.25%||43.75% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Hydrochlorothiazide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (49 people, 44.95%)
- Hypertension (44 people, 40.37%)
- Diabetes mellitus (22 people, 20.18%)
- Anxiety (22 people, 20.18%)
- Back pain (19 people, 17.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (41 people, 37.61%)
- Xanax (41 people, 37.61%)
- Wellbutrin (34 people, 31.19%)
- Lexapro (33 people, 30.28%)
- Lisinopril (27 people, 24.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydrochlorothiazide and withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, HCTZ for a 41-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Swollen Ankles And Lower Leg
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix, Metformin for a 38-year old woman with Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Passed Out, Diabetes. The patient has Constipation, Bloating, Painful Urination, Pain - Leg, Unable To Get Pregnant, Unable To Concentrate, Passed Out
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Flonase, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Allergy, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Pantoprazole, Buspirone Hcl, Hydrochlorothiazide, Clonazepam, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 40-year old man with General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergies, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Dizziness, Fatigue, Sleepy
- A study of side effects of Hydrochlorothiazide for a 51-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain
Recent Hydrochlorothiazide related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.